1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Desktop with new DirecTivo?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by pfanson, Apr 22, 2012.

1. pfanson

pfanson New Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I just installed the new THR22-100 DirecTivo HD DVR and I was wondering if it is possible to transfer content to my PC using TiVo Desktop? I still have an operational Series 2 TiVo that uses TiVo Desktop and I would like to transition to the new unit. I have not figured out how to connect to the new THR22. I thought I read somewhere online that it was possible to do this, but now I cannot find it.
  2. DocNo

DocNo New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    Bristow, VA
    My parents are interested in switching back from the D* branded units to the D* Tivo and so far in my research for them it looks like they are continuing the DirecTV tradition of supporting the bare minimum :p

D* could kiss my butt. And I'm about to kick Comcast to the curb too. I'll pull what I can get over the air and the rest from either online or on DVD when available. There's not one thing on cable (or satellite) that I need to pay a premium to see when it's first released.
  3. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    It is NOT possible to transfer content to a PC with a standard THR-22.