1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Desktop to run when computer starts

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by aegrotatio, Apr 20, 2012.

1. aegrotatio

aegrotatio New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    I want Tivo Desktop to run when computer starts. Not when I log in, but when the computer starts. I'm running TiVo Desktop on a machine which is unattended and when it restarts the user does not log in automatically, so the TiVo Desktop also doesn't run automatically.

Is there a way to get TiVo Desktop to run this way? I'm not talking about the "Startup" folder--this is different.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    Are you using Windows with password enabled user profiles?
  3. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
  4. emma157

emma157 New Member

Apr 17, 2012
    go to your pc settings and then start up settings.
  5. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    99% of Desktop runs under a specific user account. All of the registry entries and the Application Data files are specific to one logged-on user.

Setting up auto logon at boot is the only way I know of to make it work. If security is the issue, create a shortcut in that user's Startup folder and set it to run "%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation". That way when you boot it will log on, start Desktop, and lock the workstation.
  6. pteronaut

pteronaut Killer of Threads

Dec 26, 2009
  7. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    You can go into server properties after launching Desktop and find a setting that causes the server to run at startup.

This will let you see the contents of the "My TiVo Recordings" folder on your TiVo.