1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Desktop problem, or not?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by bcronin, Oct 12, 2012.

1. bcronin

bcronin Member

Dec 28, 2001
    Hyde Park, NY
    Mosts of the content on my Premiere is video podcasts transferred from a PC using TiVo Desktop (over a wired connection). Within the last few weeks I have had numerous instances of podcasts that will play for a while (e.g. 10-20 minuutes) but then the picture freezes and nothing I do can get it to start playing again. It eventually spontaneously jumps to the end of the program and gives me the "Keep or Delete" prompt.

Is this likely to be a problem with the file as transferred from the PC, or might this be a sign of an impending hard disk failure? I've not seen this behavior on any off-the-cable recordings (but as I said, I make very few of those, so I don't have a very large sample with which to draw any conclusions).

If there's a chance it might be a hard drive issue, is there anything I can do to get the Premiere to run the equivalent of a Windows "chkdsk"? Any other thoughts on how to get to the bottom of what might be going on?
    --
    bc