1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tivo desktop plus

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by grandmarana, Jun 25, 2013.

1. grandmarana

grandmarana New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    after following instructions to installing tivo desktop plus, we linked the tivo to our computer and tried to transfer programs. The programs show in the menu to choose which ones to transfer but some have a red X before the name of the program. What does this mean?

2. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    Those cannot be transferred because they are marked as "copy once" and the TiVo recording them is considered the one copy. This is a flag that is set by your cable company and although it should be reserved for shows that the producers consider to be copy protected, is often applied to almost everything by some cable companies. Time Warner is a particularly bad actor in this respect, but some other cable companies are just as bad.

3. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I keep a Tivo Series 2 plugged in directly to wall ( no cable box) just for this reason. I have TW, and can transfer any basic cable channels ( USA, TNT, FX etc) this way. Only thing I can transfer from my premieres are Network HD channels. But doing both, I pretty much have everything covered.