1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Desktop not working??

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Northerner26, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Northerner26

Northerner26 New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    i have the tivo desktop software installed but its not working.
    what do i have to do to get the 'pick recordings to transfer' button to work?
    i got the media access key set i think, i have my two tivos on a wired network, not sure what else im supposed to do?

2. rambler

rambler Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Firewall issue maybe. Can the Tivo see the PC?

3. Northerner26

Northerner26 New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    i have to be truthful and say that i know nothing about firewalls or routers (bought one to connect the two tivos) the software that came with router didnt work so i downloaded the linksys easylink advisor and thats all thats installed. i always hear people talking about changing ports and stuff like that but no clue how to do any of that.
    so you will have to be a little more specific on what i need to look for?
    thanks

4. rocko

rocko Cuckoo for TiVo

Oct 29, 2002
    Northeast...
    Answer the original question. Do you see your PC listed in the TiVo Now
    Playing list?

5. Northerner26

Northerner26 New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    nope, i dont see it. only the other tivo is shown.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
    so what am i doing wrong??

6. rocko

rocko Cuckoo for TiVo

Oct 29, 2002
    Northeast...
    It's doubtful you're doing something wrong. It is most likely a firewall issue.

You need to check for and disable any firewall that might be running on you computer to determine if that's the problem. It could be Windows Firewall, Norton/Symantec, McAfee, whatever.

Before you ask, no, I can't tell you how to do that. You'll need to do some homework and investigaiton on your own. If it turns out that TiVo Desktop starts working after disabling your firewall you'll need to allow TD to work through it as an exception.

Work on identifying and disabling your firewall for now. This support article may be helpful.

http://www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/technicalsupport/helpwithtivofeatures/TiVoToGo_Troubleshooting.html

7. Northerner26

Northerner26 New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    my antivirus had a small firewall program that was messing it up, its working good now.

thanks bud!