1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Dekstop Stopped Transferring

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by coreybryant, Mar 2, 2013.

1. coreybryant

coreybryant Texan at Heart

Mar 1, 2003
    Castle Rock, CO
    I read the thread Sudden problem transferring from Premiere to PC and it seemed the fix was to edit the edit the curl.config or curl.conf located in the %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local as pointed out by Krellion (Response 18

However, when I looked in this location, I did not have either file.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and TiVo Desktop 2.8.2.

I have been under the weather and have not checked on it for awhile.

Do I create this file ( curl.config or curl.conf ?) and add cookie = "sid=abc" ? And is there an easier way to have the Desktop download everything or do I have to manually choose each one?

(I tried pyTiVo but I just could not get my head around it unfortunately.)

Thank you!

2. coreybryant

Mar 1, 2003
    Castle Rock, CO
    I found the curl.conf in the C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\TiVo Desktop and added cookie = "sid=abc" on the top line. Manually queuing them now (unless I see that it starts to re-download).

3. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    If you alreadt tried to transfer some programs and now have a RED X in the shows to transfer list you might have to uninstall and reinstall desktop. Thats what I had to do. Be sure to make the change in the curl file before you try to do a transfer.

4. coreybryant

Mar 1, 2003
    Castle Rock, CO
    Thanks, adding the line to that file seemed to work. I just went thru and chose to re-download each show.

5. SunsetKid

SunsetKid New Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Another easy solution. Download a freeware program - Beyondo. Ir will temporarily change your system date and when your transfers are done, go back to the current date.