1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Comcast/Xfinity HBO and Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by DevilDawg, Jun 19, 2012.

1. DevilDawg

DevilDawg New Member

Jun 19, 2012
    So I have now like most members wathed my Season 2 and no longer have a need for HBO until Season 3. I have paid my monthly dues to have them stored on my TIVO. I have not been able to find the answer and apprecite the input...

What happens to the copyright material "Season 2 G.o.T." once I drop my subscription to HBO? Do I loose them? do they stay on my TIVO unless I accidently remove them?

Keep in mind having paid $93 for three months of service between the three. I OWN this material now, or should at any rate. I am not keen on losing it because HBO thinks they should retain the rights.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Just because you claim to "own" something does mean that you do own it. You don't.

You realize you are "talking" to a user group, and NOT tivo, right? We know hbo is expensive.

However, you can watch hbo content you recorded on your tivo even after you have cancelled hbo service.

3. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Once they are recorded on your DVR, they are yours to view at your leisure as long as you mark them as "keep until I delete". If not, the TiVo may delete them to make space for other content.

4. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    are you able to save the HBO ondemand from Comcast? I think you need a HBO subscription to view HBO Ondemand