1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TIVO.COM Login slow or times out!

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by MPSAN, Oct 24, 2013.

1. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    This happens more and more. I do not know why, but the tivo.com login is slow and often times out. Even if it does connect, changing tivo's (we have 3) can take a long time, and trying to add a show or series online is even slower.

Am I the only one to notice that it is happening more and more lately? I can not even log on this morning!

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    It's been going on since they redid the website, this morning was particularly bad.

3. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Yeah...it just came back. I think they need to get off of their Apple][+ that they must be using for a server!

4. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    I can't even load the now playing page I have bookmarked. The new tivo.com is useless.

5. Mar 9, 2014 #5 of 10
    davkline

davkline New Member

Mar 9, 2014
    The website is not only useless, it's an insult.

To run a media company in 2014 with a website that operates at speeds more like a 1990s dial-up modem is just insane.

I have called Tivo customer support several times in recent months about this, and the customer service reps act like they've never heard of the problem before -- like maybe it's my browser that's the problem (even though I explain that the website is slow as molasses no matter which PC or browser I use).

Listen, I've been a TV subscriber for close to 15 years, so it's not like I'm anti-Tivo or anything.

But Tivo's failure to correct or even acknowledge the problems with the wesbite reflects a real contempt for their customers on their part.

I'm a business reporter and am thinking about sparking a story about all this.

6. Mar 9, 2014 #6 of 10
    StevesWeb

StevesWeb Grumpy Old Geek

Dec 26, 2008
    Geek Hill,...
    It's so bad it would be better if it was shut down, because at least then users would not get the wrong idea and think they can use it.

7. May 6, 2014 #7 of 10
    Africanlivedit

Africanlivedit Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Yes! The website is horrible. I have decided to record things through my iphone app than go through the website...

The website is THAT bad.

8. May 6, 2014 #8 of 10
    eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    You would think they would fix the website, it just looks bad from a public point of view, if I was a prospective new customer, I would avoid Tivo in that, if the can't support a decent website, how can they support a dvr?

Tivo.com is embarrassing,
    1999 called and they want their website back.

9. May 9, 2014 #9 of 10
    eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Huh?

10. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Look at his join date and # of posts. Most likely a spammer getting ready to pounce.