1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo.com crazy slow

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by consumedsoul, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Sep 3, 2013 #1 of 50
    consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Just want to make sure it's not just my account, anyone else experiencing really slow loading (minutes or time out) browsing through TiVo.com (to do, season pass, web videos etc.)? It's been like this for weeks it seems like so not temporary web/server maintenance by them etc.

2. Sep 3, 2013 #2 of 50
    markwill

markwill New Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Yep, for me too. I gave up using it.

3. Sep 3, 2013 #3 of 50
    consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Chatted w/ support:

"Niles: I can definitely address this issue with you. At the moment we are still updating that, but hopefully we will be seeing an update to fix those soon."

I asked what the scope of the issue is...

"This can take quite a while to recover and correctly link all web sites to hyperlinks. No final ETA yet though."

I asked if they can post ETA/status somewhere...

"Niles: I completely understand and I personally would like an ETA for it. However, they just don't have an official one yet."

4. Sep 3, 2013 #4 of 50
    zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA

Here is my version of that conversation:

1. I cannot help you with this issue.
    2. I have no idea what is wrong.
    3. I have no idea when it will be fixed.

5. Sep 3, 2013 #5 of 50
    consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Pretty much. :)

6. Sep 3, 2013 #6 of 50
    Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    It is slower than some other sites I visit but it has never timed out. I used it just a few days ago for activation and then more recently to transfer SPs. When copying SPs, it popped up a 'loading' message for what seemed like 15 seconds and then I was able to proceed.

7. Sep 3, 2013 #7 of 50
    Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I had this problem a long time ago. I contacted a TiVo rep that use to frequent this forum. I gave him complete access to my account and after a couple of days he did something on their end to fix it. Ever since it's still been slow, taking 20+ seconds to log in, but it's never timed out or taken 2+ minutes like it use to. I have no idea what he did to fix it, and he no longer frequents this forum (may not even work at TiVo any more) so I can't even ask.

8. Sep 3, 2013 #8 of 50
    JohnnyO

JohnnyO Crimper

Nov 3, 2002
    Twin...
    Yeah, but think what they save in Customer Service Representative Salaries being able to give answers like that!

And I'd bet you that everything they are measured on (quickly answering the call, etc., ) still shows the CSR doing an excellent job. Awards all around!

9. Sep 3, 2013 #9 of 50
    keenanSR

keenanSR Member TCF Club

Oct 12, 2004
    Santa Rosa CA
    The site has been slow as heck for quite awhile now in my experience, I'm talking a couple of months at least. I usually do something on another tab until the TiVo site finally loads - never times out - just takes forever.

And it will give me an error when switching from one TiVo to the other, I have to reload the page.

10. gothaggis

gothaggis New Member

Mar 3, 2010
    yep, it's been slow for months. There really is no excuse.

11. berg0449

berg0449 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It was ok for speed for me until they redid the website recently. Now a lot of the tivo website is useless. I get a lot of timeout, extremely slow loading, or just errors.

12. keenanSR

keenanSR Member TCF Club

Oct 12, 2004
    Santa Rosa CA
    That's when it started for me as well, it looks as if they started to update parts of the website and when that happened the site got really bad.

13. sushikitten

sushikitten 143 down, ??? to go! TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    This. Now it's painful.

14. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    The new tivo.com is absolutely worthless. Pages time out more often than not. Surely they must be aware of what an epic failure the redesign was??

15. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I never have pages time out, but it is still glacially slow....pathetic for a technology company...

16. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    TiVo must be using the same people that built the government health care site. :p

17. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    If that were the case it wouldn't work.:D TiVo.com might be slow, but I don't have any issues getting to anything on the website.

18. tim1724

tim1724 Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2007
    Temple City, CA
    Slow is one thing. But I often get "We're Sorry. We are having technical difficulties" error messages when doing simple things like looking at My Shows or My To Do List.

19. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Don't get those messages....but very slow.

20. RSCHOON

RSCHOON Member

Sep 7, 2013
    This is a huge issue in my opinion, it's painfully slow to the point of being almost unusable. How can this even be in this day and age?

I would rather they stopped trying and just integrated with tvguide.com or something. I put my TiVo credentials in there and just use that to search and then send the record commands to my TiVo box from there.

Basically, this site is a complete embarrassment to the company right now.