1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Boop/Beep Sounds work sometimes

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by ohboy710, Sep 28, 2012.

1. ohboy710

ohboy710 New Member

Jun 30, 2008
    I've seen other posts but I still need explanation. I had an LCD TV connected to my Premier Tivo with an HDMI cable and the beeps/boops worked great. Last night I bought a new LED TV, also hooked up with the same HDMI cable and now I don't hear any Beeps/Boops - however they DO work when going into the setup menus (the old non-HD menus). They don't make sound for fast forward, or my shows etc, but the old menus like settings etc DO make the sounds. I'm a bit confused as to why, and is there anyways to fix this. I, unlike a lot of people, like the sounds!
  2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    IIRC, on one of the audio settings the sounds will only work sometimes. Try changing the audio output on the TiVo.
  3. jenz

jenz New Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Same problem, Elite/4 hooked straight to LCD via HDMI, I got all 3 beeps when FF multiple times, etc. Replaced LCD with LED, checked that audio is still on PCM, and while I get sound effects in menus, I only get one beep even when I hit the FF 3x (should have 3 beeps).

If it helps, I went from a Sony XBR4 to a Sony HX 950.