1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Backups?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Nomad, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Nomad

Nomad New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Denver, Co
    My Tivo Premier is about to lose it's drive I think. It seems to hang up occasionally on recordings, I can kick it out to live tv, fast forward (skip 15mins) past the area and then rewind to 1-2mins after the hangup and continue.

At any rate, if I get Tivo to repair it or if I get a new unit, is it possible to backup and restore settings? I don't want to re-program all my season passes and wish lists or up/down settings, etc.

2. ShayL

ShayL New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    You can use kmttg to save your season passes and to restore them on the new tivo.
  3. Nomad

Nomad New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Denver, Co
    Great! Thank you.
  4. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    Didn't know it had that capability. Since I have multiple Tivos I just used the Tivo.com capability to move the passes from one to the other and back again whenever I wanted to change drives.
  5. MHunter1

MHunter1 TiVo Bug Hunter

Oct 11, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Does kmttg retain wish lists, thumb ratings, and SP priorities in its backup? These are my three gripes about using TiVo.com's migration method.
  6. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    Have you given any consideration to using the existing free tools to replace the drive yourself? That is the only know method (aside from paying someone else to do it) that will retain everything, including CableCARD pairing.