1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Apple App -- issues connecting over wifi when away from home

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by dbattaglia001, Aug 25, 2013.

1. dbattaglia001

dbattaglia001 Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Has anyone else noticed that when trying to connect to TiVo app when outside of the home network, you get error messages when trying to log in? Fr example, I am at work and my iPhone is connecting to work wifi, I can't use tivo app. However if I switch wifi off and connect via LTE network, then TiVo app works.

Annoying to have to toggle back and forth. Wonder if this is a bug or just unique to me?

Thanks

2. dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Are you sure it's not your work network blocking access to the site the app is trying to get to?

3. stevewjackson

stevewjackson Steve W. Jackson

Nov 2, 2007
    Montgomery,...
    That would be my guess as well. When I go out for my weekly wing night, I do use the wifi there (pretty much wide open) and have never had any issues with it not working.

4. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    That's probably the case. I know the local library I use wifi at has a lot of ports blocked. Not everything works on Wifi from my library.