1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo App Update?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by NYHeel, Oct 19, 2012.

1. NYHeel

NYHeel Active Member

Oct 7, 2003
    I've been enjoying the stream though I still need to frequently reboot the stream and or my router for it to work. I have the Iphone 5 and was wondering when Tivo is going to update the app to take advantage of the new screen size. Do you think there's an issue with the different screen size ratios now that the iphone 5 is 16x9?

2. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Last I heard was November.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    There might be an issue with that. The Stream seems to do some sort of automatic scaling/cropping for analog programs. They might have to do that a little different to account for the 16:9 screen on the iPhone 5.

Dan

4. NYHeel

NYHeel Active Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Yeah, I tweeted @Tivodesign and she just told me November.

5. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Well one good thing is Nov starts this Thursday.

6. NYHeel

NYHeel Active Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Per a tweet from @tivodesign the app update is coming tomorrow. Well now it's today.

7. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    It's available right now

8. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Just downloaded it. Full screen Yippee!!

9. joel9

joel9 New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Yes, but it seems to be poorly stretched, leaving unnatural double horizontal lines at various intervals. It seems odd to me that videos are still transferring at the same size, so I'm guessing that the Stream needs a firmware update to support the higher resolution. Anyone have a newer version than 19.0.2-01-6?

10. joel9

joel9 New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    In case anyone's interested, I contacted support and was told that the necessary Stream firmware update is in the works, but no predicted completion date. Meanwhile we're stuck with the poorly-stretched video on the iPhone 5, but the agent said he would report the problem. Wish I could go back to the previous version of the app.

11. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Has there been any update on Android support?

12. mr_smits

mr_smits New Member

Dec 17, 2009

Nice to see that Tivo's priorities include updating the iOS app for iPhone 5 despite not having Stream firmware updated before even providing Android support for Stream. To beat a dead horse: who is piloting the Tivo ship that a half-baked update resulting in a stretched screen experience is prioritized over support for a bigger mobile community? The excuse "we only have limited funds" seems pretty inaccurate now.

13. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Most likely two completely different teams, or different 3rd party development groups, working on each app. I doubt their time frames have anything to do with one another.

Dan

14. badtuned

badtuned New Member

Nov 29, 2012
    London, UK
    I've been tracking both app(ios vs. android) and while they share same concepts, it's clear that there are different teams building these apps. It seems that some code were just ported to android from ios and that may be the reason why android is bit laggy time to time.

15. rowlind

rowlind New Member

Dec 2, 2012
    yup It's available right now