1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo app for android?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by AZ_Tivo, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Feb 3, 2010 #1 of 26
    AZ_Tivo

AZ_Tivo New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    AZ
    Any word on a TiVo app for android? Not the TiVo remote app like iPhone but scheduler app like blackberry.

2. Feb 3, 2010 #2 of 26
    Fofer

Fofer XenForo Rocks! TCF Club

Oct 29, 2000
  3. Bsteenson

Bsteenson TiVo is no BS

Jul 30, 2000
    Iowa
    The Android remote app available for 99 cents works OK usually, and does offer some nice shortcuts and the ability to use the Android keyboard for searches, but it's a bit laggy and sometimes I have to stop/start my phone's wifi connection to get it to work. But you're right, that's only remote, not scheduling.

As suggested, m.tivo.com works OK for scheduling over phone.

4. Mar 7, 2011 #5 of 26
    christlab

christlab New Member

Jun 15, 2006
    California
    we need a app!!! a goood one like the iPad for my tablet!

5. Joey Bagadonuts

Joey Bagadonuts New Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Anaheim, CA...
    Any update on this yet? Or, how about for iPad2?

6. Fofer

Fofer XenForo Rocks! TCF Club

Oct 29, 2000
    The existing TiVo app for iPad works just as well on iPad 2. No difference at all.

7. TiVo Fool

TiVo Fool Guest

Dec 17, 2001
    Fayetteville...
    I think RIM developed the Blackberry app, not TiVo. I wouldn't hold your breath.

8. Jan 6, 2012 #9 of 26
  9. TiVo Fool

TiVo Fool Guest

Dec 17, 2001
    Fayetteville...
  10. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Works very well for the little bit I played with it! Il go home at lunch to test out the additional functions :)

11. alansh

alansh New Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Meh. It's not compatible with some recently released platforms (like the Droid Bionic). At the very least, I'd like it to have the functionality of the "My Tivo" page at tivo.com. I know that the S2 doesn't have the remote control functions, but you should at least be able to schedule recordings.

12. yunlin12

yunlin12 Tivonation Citizen

Mar 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    It works great on my 7" Galaxy Tab (T-Mo version), but it's not working on my Nexus One rooted with CM7, can not see either of the 2 Tivos on my homenetwork (1 PXL, 1 plain Premiere).

The unofficial Tivo Commander has the same problem, can not see the Tivo's on my Nexus One, maybe issue with the phone, and not Tivo app. But Tivo Commander allows me to enter my Tivo's IP address manually and can still get full functionality with that workaround. The official Tivo app does not allow manual input of Tivo's IP, so it's useless on my Nexus One.

13. htbyron

htbyron New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    The app won't see either of my tivos, on both my Moto Droid and my Xoom tablet Going back to the Tivo Commander app now Sigh...

14. nfrhtp

nfrhtp New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    I was able to put in my Tivo Premiere's IP, but since then my only option is to force close it. This is on a rooted Nook Tablet.

15. yunlin12

yunlin12 Tivonation Citizen

Mar 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Tivo Commander seems to have disappeared from the Android Market :( Good thing I still have it on my phone

16. htbyron

htbyron New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    How did you enter the IP? That was the best failsafe idea of the tivo commander app, and I had hoped tivo would put it in theirs, but i couldn't find the option.

17. Joey Bagadonuts

Joey Bagadonuts New Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Anaheim, CA...
    So far it's working great with my Droid X2

18. bud8man

bud8man Tivo Evangelist

Feb 12, 2004
    Oakland, NJ
    Yesterday's Free App of the Day from Amazon allows you to control your PC with your Android Phone. It's pretty cool. I think it costs $4.99 today.
    You would have to leave a PC on, but it seems to be pretty neat.
    So you could run TiVo to go on the Go.
    But not sure how you schedule a recording that way.
    You can do it online can't you?

19. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    I think it's still available somewhere but was removed from the official app store. See the Underground forum for more details.