1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo App crash when selecting "some" shows to stream

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by wilfried, Sep 7, 2012.

1. wilfried

wilfried Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Seattle
    Since updating to the new version to use TiVo stream, when I select a show in "my shows", the app just crash and quit. It doesn't happen for all shows, but most. It's also always the same shows. So if I re-open the app, and select the same show again, it will crash again. Anyone else seeing this?

I tried removing the app and re-installing but it's the same.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Is this happening just when you click the show? Or after you select Watch Now?

Dan

3. wilfried

wilfried Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Seattle
    When clicking on the folder that then expends the shows list.

4. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    At that point the Stream isn't even involved. It's polling your TiVo for a list of the shows, which comes across as XML that it then has to parse. Perhaps one of the shows is using a special character in the name it doesn't like? Have you transferred anything from you PC to this TiVo?

Dan

5. wilfried

wilfried Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Seattle
    Yah I realized that. It was happening before to a show with special character. But since the update it's on more show. Last night it was a show with no special character. And the iPhone app is app doesn't crash at all.

6. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I notice today that my app wasn't completely populating the list from one of my TiVos. There was a gap in the middle that just sat there with the spinning loading icon. Through some trial and error I found that deleting one show allowed the others to work fine. The show name did not have any special characters so I don't know what the problem was. Even weirder is I transferred that show to my other TiVo and it works fine pulling it up on that one.

Obviously there are still some bugs to work out in this app.

Dan