1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TIVO and Amazon Prime Streaming

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by kherr, Jul 5, 2013.

1. kherr

kherr New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    I joined Prime when shipping an item 3 day (which I needed before the weekend) was over $50, and with Prime being $80 it was a no brainer when you conceder the amount I tend to buy from them. It was like free 2 day shipping for a year plus free streaming content. I already have an account to rent/buy movies so they have my devices on record. I have not been able to stream content, Amazon is not on the tab to "watch now", only Netflix. What do I need to do to get free streaming?? I emailed Amazon 2 days ago with no response.
  2. spaldingclan

spaldingclan New Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Amazon prime isn't on the TiVo. Just regular amazon video downloads.
  3. retiredjd

retiredjd New Member

Jun 28, 2013
    This is one complaint that I have also. I miss the access to Prime Instant Video and hope they include it someday. :up:
  4. 9300170

9300170 New Member

Feb 20, 2003
    Tempe, AZ
    Grab a cheap Roku or DVD player. I've got three devices that play Amazon Instant but sadly not the TiVo. :(
  5. kherr

kherr New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    On the graphic that shows supposedly supported devices it has the TIVO guy. Is there a way to have Prime videos on the TV or is it limited to PC only??
  6. dianebrat

dianebrat Uncontrolled Force

Jul 6, 2002
    Considering the number of times they've asked about Amazon Prime Instant videos in the monthly surveys, I'd suspect they're working towards it in their usual glacial pace.
  7. HerronScott

HerronScott Active Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    There's also an asterisk next to the TiVo guy and at the bottom of the graphic it states "* Prime eligible instant videos are not currently available on TiVo devices".

8. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Yes, you can get Amazon Prime video on a TV.
    I use a Roku, but there are many other devices.
  9. kherr

kherr New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    .... didn't see the "greyed" fine print ...... What they should have stated "Although we are showing the "EYE" catching TIVO guy ... we have no intention of delivering service via TIVO".
  10. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    We don't know that, at all.

Seems to me that they intend(ed) on delivering a Tivo app, but have not produced it. Could be they are waiting for new hardware, could be they are looking for more subscriptions first, could be that they did intend to create the app but changed course.
  11. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    You can get Amazon videos on the TiVo, but only the downloadable, pay-for-each ones, not the free "Prime" streaming. Amazon lumps all of these together as "Amazon Instant Video", which is how they justify listing TiVo as a supported (but asterisked) device.