1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Advisors Survey

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by crxssi, Sep 29, 2013.

1. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Since upgrading the Premiere to the Roamio, I no longer follow the Premiere forum (I am sure I am not alone). And the thread for the survey is there, not here.

New survey came out today. TiVo is very interested in the feedback about the new Roamio (good and bad). They want to know when/how we watch TV especially how we find what to watch.

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
  3. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    New survey went out this morning.

4. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Northern...
  5. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Nothing exciting. Mainly just general feedback questions.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    And an extra survey about booze with a separate drawing for a Roamio w/lifetime and an iPad Air.

7. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    ...and I was too drunk to answer the questions...darn...

8. mchief

mchief Morey

Sep 10, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Stupid survey. Lots of the booze/beer I had never heard of. Told them that and they then proceeded to ask dozens of questions about a product that I just said I never heard of.

9. BiloxiGeek

BiloxiGeek Reality Challenged

Nov 18, 2001
    Gulfport,...
    Strange, I've been doing these surveys for a few years now. Didn't get an email about this new one like I usually do.

10. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    I've noticed people always start talking about a new survey about a day or two before I actually get the email. It seems Tivo sends the email out in different groups, so you probably just have to wait a day or so. I haven't got mine either.

11. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    +1. I thought this was odd. After telling them I've never heard of (for example) Apothic liquor, they ask six specific questions asking me to rank my feelings about it. Where's the button that says "I don't know it, how can I rank it".

The choice "Agree less" really isn't appropriate in this case. Survey fail in this aspect.

And then questions about certain brands, "Are they urban?", "are they smooth?". I just told you I've never heard of them! How can I answer this?!?

And on and on ...

12. FrodoB

FrodoB Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Middleton, WI
    +2. I had only heard of a couple, so I mostly just answered straight 5s (other than on the "this is my only choice" question, which always got a 1) to avoid skewing whatever results they were hoping to garner from the survey. Re: the later questions, do any people actually think about liquors in those ways? Even for the ones I had heard about, I just marked the choice that said I don't think of it that way or whatever it was.

Oh well. I've done stupider surveys that didn't involve the chance at winning prizes. Just seems like they won't get much value from their answers. :)

13. dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I actually enjoyed the adult beverage quiz, I knew a good 3/4 of them and had opinions on those same 3/4.
    There were only a few I hadn't heard of, but they did ask about my goto wine, so I enjoyed answering questions about it.

14. Grakthis

Grakthis New Member

Oct 4, 2006
    The liquor questions were awful. I straight up didn't know like 3 of the 4 brands they were asking about, but they kept asking me questions about them! Also, their beer choices were generally not good beers. Come on, do test marketing for things that don't suck, TiVo! :)

15. dslunceford

dslunceford Active Member

Oct 19, 2000
    No. VA/D.C.
    I didn't get the questions...probably because I listed my occupation as "marketing/advertising/consultant"

16. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Horrible survey on the alcohol crap. I have never consumed alcohol in my life, and never will. I pay no attention to brands and after going through minutes of the same stupid questions I can't answer, I finally backed out (a dozen "backs") so I could opt out of that entire line of questioning.

I find it amazing that companies still can't comprehend how to make proper surveys.

The rest of the survey was interesting, and I made sure to comment on how I want all the crap OUT of My Shows (HD recordings, video providers, what to watch, etc) and the ability to create *CUSTOM* folders.

17. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    i dont drink either ,but i took the survey on the one in a million chance i win a new tivo roamio pro which i desperatly want but cant afford!:p

18. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    The section where they asked for feedback on several different functions (SP, WL, etc) was the first time I've seen them do this. I spent some time crafting my most significant (IMHO) wants & dislikes. I hope they are sincere in asking.

As a heavy WL user, I had quite a bit of feedback in that area for them.

19. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    You can still win, just skip the part about alcohol. They give you that option.

20. dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I'm sure I make up for you in the status quo :D