1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo acquires TRA (Tivo Analytics)

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by magnus, Jul 17, 2012.

1. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    TiVo, Inc. is finalizing its $20 million acquisition of TRA, a media measurement software and analytics company, say Tara Maitra, TiVo's SVP and GM content and media sales and Mark Lieberman, TRA's chairman and CEO.

Read more at the link below.
    http://www.dmnews.com/tivo-launches-analytics-unit-with-first-ever-acquisition/article/250635/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DMNewsEcommerce+%28DMNews+Multichannel+Ecommerce%29

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Cool, more targeted ads coming our way...

3. Johncv

Johncv Active Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    From what I can tell, I don’t think it all about “targeted ads”, but a better way of defining what the viewer is actually viewing or a better rating system.

TiVo is buying two patens along with the company. Maybe TiVo planing to sue Nelson rating system for violating their two new patens. :rolleyes:

4. MichaelK

MichaelK New Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ
    sounds like somehow they link your credit card data to your particular TV? I guess they'll figure out what credit card you use to pay your tivo bill and then see what else you buy with that card?

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Reading another thread prompted me to look at my Tivo account, and I noticed this.

[​IMG]

That led to a search and I found this thread.

The way I see it, we're automatically opt-in unless we call to opt-out.

Is TiVo's call center going to be flooded tomorrow? :p

Attached Files:

• z.JPG
      z.JPG
      File size:
      19.5 KB
      Views:
  6. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    I noticed that last night and wondered what the deal was. I had not se elm that link before.

7. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Even if TiVo gives my credit card number (actually in my case it's a debit card, but same principle) to this other outfit, how does this other outfit get the info on what else I use the card for?

Or does Visa or Mastercard or whoever just hand that info over to anyone who asks?

(or anyone who pays them for it?)