1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired of reboots Roamio Pro

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by brianric, Jan 31, 2014.

1. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Without a doubt my Roamio Pro is the most bug prone DVR I have ever one, that includes three Tivos and two Replay TVs. My Roamio just random reboots. Last night my Romanio rebooted at 9 PM while I was watching a recorded show, and sometime around 11:50 PM while I was recording Letterman, Leno and Kimmel. It's now to the point I have to dual record shows on my Tivo Premiere, and if recording more than otwo shows at once, then record shows three through whatever on the Roamio Pro and hope I don't see a reboot. Anyone else seeing random reboots?

2. Grakthis

Grakthis New Member

Oct 4, 2006
    I've only had mine for 5 days, but I've had 0 reboots.

3. Sixto

Sixto Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Roamio for months. Not a single reboot. Settings screen shows uptime.

4. bananaman

bananaman New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Three Roamios here, no random reboots.

I would call it in.

5. waterchange

waterchange Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Reboots are not normal and not something you should have to tolerate. Call TiVo and get your box fixed or replaced.

6. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    I just did. I'm getting a replacement shipped, then I ship the defective unit back. Even though I have an extended warranty it's costing me $50 to exchange it.

7. kajukenbo

kajukenbo New Member

Jan 18, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    I've had my Roamio Plus about a week.
    Twice it has rebooted while I was looking around in the menus, selecting different functions.
    I was thinking I just did something wrong.
    It has taken a week just to get the cablecard & tuning adapter properly paired.
    I am loathe to go through all of that again if I have to get a replacement.

8. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    I've had my Roamio Plus for about 3 months now and I've only had it unexpectedly reboot once. It was at the end of watching a recording when the pop-up box asks whether you want to delete or save the recording. For whatever reason the box just froze up there for a few seconds and then rebooted itself.