1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time Warner Cable card problem (card not recognized)

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by eboydog, Jun 11, 2014.

1. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Forgive this similer post but I'm trying to help out a buyer of a Roamio basic I just sold as he beat me to posting in the help section but I'm hoping to get more input from those who know more than me!

Problem is, multiple cards cards aren't recognized when they are inserted into a Roamio basic. Not 100% sure he doesn't have single stream cards he's trying to use.

Last thing I did before shipping him the Roamio was to do clear and reset then remove the working paired card I was using in it.

What things other than a defective card slot could cause such? Has anyone else seen this with Time Warner? He says the TA is recognized but the cable cards he's trying to use is not.

2. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Yes, I've seen this with Time Warner before, it's called "Ignorant CSR Syndrome"! ;) Is the coax cable looping through the TA or a split with one end to the Roamio and the other to the TA? Is he pairing the card first, then adding and pairing the TA after it's all set? Just a couple things that could help that I've noticed and read in the past.
  3. chachster

chachster New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    The Roamio doesn't even see the cablecard being inserted is the issue. As for the TA, I have it looped. I can split it if that is going to make the Roamio see the cablecard, but I shouldn't even need to do that. The cablecard should show up after inserted.
  4. mcluvin

mcluvin New Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Any chance a pin got bent where the cablecard interfaces with the Roamio? Maybe shine a flashlight into the slot and see if something doesn't look right.
  5. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 New Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    The RF pass-through on those Cisco Tuning Adapters are notoriously bad. Still, that shouldn't prevent the Roamio from even detecting the CableCard. I think I said this in the other thread, but while you are still having problems with the CableCard, disconnect the Tuning Adapter and completely remove it from the equation. That's one less thing to worry about mucking things up.