TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Tim Conway

6K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  mattack 
#1 ·
Just watched Mike and Molly (recital) saw what I thought was Tim Conway but was such a small part and no mention of him guesting wasn't sure looked on tv.com it was. I don't watch commercials were there any saying he would be on? Is odd such a small part for him.

#13 ·
That's just funny because one of my favorite bits from the old Carol Burnett show was him in a Mary Hartman Mary Hartman parody. Skip to about the 9:40 mark if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

Talk about Russian dolls. Mary Hartman was a parody of the then current soap operas. Which then had a parody spin off of Fernwood 2 Night, a parody of talk shows long before Larry Sanders did it.

It was sophomoric but McHale's Navy remains one of my all time favorites.

Ah, tv memories.

#14 ·
I think he was kidding, or else his stand-in has replaced him so well that we don't need the real one anymore:
Chicago cops don't wear their caps that much. Mostly on dress occasions. - NEVER inside the car.

#19 ·
Look like cab driver hats.
:D In the 1960s, Chicago Police Supt,. O. W. Wilson made the Chicago police cars and lights blue and added the checkerboard hat bands to the caps so cops would stand out from cab drivers and bus drivers. Yes. Cab drivers and bus drivers used to wear hats like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.