1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tico sounds won't play on TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by WindyCityGirl, Mar 18, 2012.

1. WindyCityGirl

WindyCityGirl New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Ok this is a wierd one so lets see if you guys can bail me out. I have two Tivo Premiers. Both were attached directly to the TV and the sound effects the Tivo makes when you issue commands worked fine (the little tones for selecting channels and things like that).

So I buy an AV receiver a few months ago, hook it up and bingo sound effects are gone. I try to get it back and no luck. TV shows all have sound fine, just no Tivo sound effects. After trying to fix for weeks I give up.

But another AV receiver this weekend, hook it up and BAM again no sound effects.

Do AV receivers somehow filter the sound effects? Anyone else have this problem?!?!?

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    You will get no sound effects when sending DD from the TiVo. This was even the case ten years ago. Only now, with digital programming, DD is the norm. When going straight to the TV it will typically be sending a stereo pcm signal which you will hear the sound effects from.

I know on my cable system everything is sent as dolby digital. Whether it's 1.0 or up to 5.1, it's all in DD on FiOS.