1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THX Optimizer Video

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by CoxInPHX, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Jul 5, 2012 #1 of 15
    CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have attempted to transfer (MRV) the THX Optimizer Video from the Elite to the Premiere, and get an error message, The THX Optimizer Video does not show that it has copy restrictions, and the transfer is available as an option. Has anyone had luck transferring it to a Premiere?

2. Jul 5, 2012 #2 of 15
    moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes it's strange. MRS works fine to another Premiere but MRV & TTG both fail.

3. Jul 5, 2012 #3 of 15
    dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    It does not transfer, the other threads on this in this in the past have said that it can seem to transfer but doesn't.

This seems to come up every few months, particularly since on some models it doesn't seem to survive a CDE.

4. Jul 5, 2012 #4 of 15
    Quake97

Quake97 New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Southeastern PA
    Considering its a feature of the more expensive models, I'm not surprised you can't transfer it.

Joe

5. Jul 5, 2012 #5 of 15
    lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Except the THX video will not survive a clear and delete all, TiVo should provide some way to get that video back on any THX certified TiVo.

6. Jul 5, 2012 #6 of 15
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    yes, they should have it repopulate like the several introductory videos do.

7. Jul 5, 2012 #7 of 15
    dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Exactly! and I'm still stunned it's never been addressed from the Tivo side, this is just so dumb to me for so many reasons.

8. Jul 5, 2012 #8 of 15
    mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Edit: Whoops. They only monitor forums.tivo.com; not this forum.

I happened to notice the Sticky at the top of the forum yesterday (been there for a few weeks) that says TiVo support is now actively monitoring these forums and should respond within 6 business hours. Maybe they can chime in and direct this issue to the proper channels at Tivo so at some point in the future we can re-download this file as necessary?

To the OP, I believe one of the other threads on this topic references a calibration video freely available from AVS Forum. You could probably download that file and then transfer it to your TiVo to calibrate it.

9. poppagene

poppagene User

Dec 29, 2001
    My THX optimizer has renamed itself 2:00 pm. Why?

10. Mike-Wolf

Mike-Wolf New Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Yeah this has yet to happen for me. They never populated when I installed my new TiVo Premiere for the first time in March nor was preloaded on the hard drive, nor repopulated on my other Premiere I had since 2010 upon reactivation on my account. When I called TiVo about it they said that they "don't have the ability to force push the videos onto the TiVo's"

11. UCLABB

UCLABB Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    I had three of them pushed to me on my Premiere which I bought used. It showed up a few months after I bought it so obviously they can push it.

On a related matter I tried to transfer them to my new XL4, but alas, they were copy protected!

12. Mike-Wolf

Mike-Wolf New Member

Feb 25, 2013
    I found the 480i version of them in the "Find TV, Movies, & Videos" search of "TiVo" awhile back but it doesn't come up now.

13. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    We have ALL seen new videos that have been pushed to the masses.

I think that they should have said they cannot push these to individuals. Though, it would be nice if they put them in a format we could PULL (Amazon, web video for example).

14. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    I am surprised no one has made a hi def recording of the file and posted it for others in the community. There ARE other ways of getting video off a Tivo than by ttg.

15. Mike-Wolf

Mike-Wolf New Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Was wondering the same thing, why the heck isn't it on YouTube already?