1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thumbs up/down question

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ahwman, Jun 12, 2013.

1. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I've been very consistent in rating each of my recorded suggestions with thumb ratings for several months. That said, it's starting to feel like a job rating every single suggestion day after day. Is there a point of disminishing returns in terms of teaching TiVo what trypes of programs I like via thumb ratings?

I appreciate your feedback. :up:

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    It could take a while.

Keep in mind that programs you set to record are automatically given 1 thumbs up. You could have programs rated with 1 thumbs up that you feel really don't deserve such, which would affect the suggestions that are getting recorded. This could be news, kid shows, one off sporting events, etc.

You can review your thumb ratings by navigating to the Tivo Suggestions menu and then hit 'enter' on the remote. Check there to make sure you don't have any programs with an undeserved thumbs up.

Also, if you want to cut down on your "rating time", only rate with the thumbs down. Leave shows you like neutral, unless you really like them.

3. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Thanks so much the suggestions (no pun intended) :D