1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THR22 Swivel search doesn't work

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by lindsay001, May 29, 2013.

1. lindsay001

lindsay001 New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    Centreville, VA
    I have a THR22 with an external drive. Please note, this happens with or without the external drive, same error.

Swivel search does not work. Prior to the last software update 01B5, it would just say "Please wait" and return me to the Find Programs Menu. Now it gives me a "network is currently unavailable" message. I assume this is an improvement

I am able to download VOD. Network diagnostics pass. Ports pass. DNS pass. DVR Service Call pass.

Changed switch ports, changed Ethernet ports on the THR22. Tested with my laptop.

Run through guided setup and network setup several times. Set static IP, gateway, DNS, and subnet mask manually.

I've rebooted, hard and soft, refreshed. Called DirecTV who put me on hold for 20 while trying to find out what a THR22 and swivel search are.

No Joy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. joed32

joed32 New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    What is a swivel search ?

3. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
  4. joed32

joed32 New Member

Jul 9, 2005
  5. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    I tried Swivel Search on my THR22 yesterday - worked fine.