1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THR22- Software update fixes S-P-S-3-0-S.

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Sheffield Steve, May 18, 2013.

1. Sheffield Steve

Sheffield Steve Member

Jun 11, 2010
    The new software update for the THR-22 has a nice surprise

The 30-second SKIP option now works: S-P-S-3-0-S.

2. codespy

codespy Go A-Rod (Packers)

Jan 6, 2006
    Packerland, USA
    And that is the only SPS backdoor code reinstated.

For those interested, the shortcuts at TiVo Central are still there too.

3. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    Still not working for me. Anything special I should know like a reboot or something? I tried multiple times.

ETA: OK, odd indeed. I tried everything, including a reboot. Nothing worked. Sat down for dinner and tried it on my wife's THR22. Worked the first time I tried it. Finished dinner and went back to my THR22 and all of a sudden it was working. Makes no sense, but I'm happy.

4. DrSandman

DrSandman New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Hi Everyone,
    I've had my THR22 for over a year now and I've always had the 30 second skip feature. Does this one skip through w/o you seeing the commercial, because with mine you see the commercial. I tried using the S-P-S-3-0-S code and it didn't seem to change my 30 second skip feature. Also, how can I check to see if I got the software update ? Thanks in advance.

5. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    Yes, this is SKIP. What you currently have is SLIP, where you still see the commercials. You should try it the way I did it. Reboot and apply the code one time. Then wait. I waited 30 minutes, but I don't know if it really takes that long.

To find out if you got the update just go to settings, and I think it's system info.

6. DrSandman

DrSandman New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks Midas !!
    How do I reboot ? Is it "Restart or Reset System" ? Thanks again !!

7. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    Restart. Reset is bad, you'll lose everything.

8. DrSandman

DrSandman New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks again, Midas !! So far......no luck !! Big sigh !! I'm really tired of seeing the commercials. I'll keep trying. Cheers !!

9. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    The problem with retrying is that it's a toggle. So the 2nd time you do it, you turn it off. It doesn't take long to lose track of whether it's on or off. That's why I did the restart in the first place, to have a fresh starting point.

10. DrSandman

DrSandman New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks again, Midas !! I'll enter the code once and be patient. Hopefully it'll eventually work. Cheers !!

11. DrSandman

DrSandman New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    Hey Midas,

It WORKS !! Thanks for your help !! Cheers !!

12. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    Glad it worked out. It was frustrating for me too.