1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THR22-100 Overheating?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by berryb, Jun 27, 2012.

1. berryb

berryb New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Southern CA
    So far I've had zero results 'Searching' for this problem, yet I cannot believe I'm the only one having it! It's not an Isolated case, because BOTH of my THR22-100's Overheat! :confused:

If anyone knows of such a Post, perhaps labeled differently OR is aware of this problem, PLEASE reply! I have a rather large Desk fan trying to keep the temps reasonable.

Otherwise at times, it will reboot whenever too overheated, and of course if it was recording, the recorded show will be split into two pieces with an about 10-15 minute break in the middle of the recording! :mad:

Much of what I've seen in the Forum are about HR10-250s overheating. I have two of them AND a TiVo XL standalone and NONE of the three are overheating! Only the THR22-100! :(

Thanks, Bert

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Are these Tivos in an enclosed cabinet? We've seen very few reports of this problem with the THR22.

3. berryb

berryb New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Southern CA
    I'm guessing that you are talking about something like an equipment cabinet, with glass doors 'enlosing' it.

And if so, the answer is NO. Both off my THR22's are on open shelf equipment racks.

4. Mike A

Mike A New Member

Aug 17, 2012
    I was curious why you think it is over heating and not something else. I am experiencing a similar problem where a show will be split across 2, sometime more recordings. Some times the unit (THR-22) just freeze up and I have to manually reboot. I didn't even think it might be over heating, how can you tell if it is a heat problem?

I called directv an they said there is a known bug in the software that cause the buffer to be lost and this cause the show to split across multiple recoding. Apparently their engineers are working on this problem but I have not found anyone talking about that so I really wonder what is going on? Maybe it is overheating too.