1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THR22-100 has the Premiere Partition Table

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by frankygamer, Mar 14, 2012.

1. frankygamer

frankygamer New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    On another forum, someone posted the THR22-100 partition table. I find it interesting TiVo spent the time and money to upgrade to the Premiere disk partitioning but not bring any of the TiVo specific features with it.

So even though the box acts like a HR10-250 with MPEG4, under the hood work was done to bring at least the base SW up to the Premiere baseline. Hopefully this shows at least a chance adding features in the future.

Also interesting is references to MRV in some of the log files. Maybe just dead code but just the reference of it shows the SW is "newer" then the last of the HR10 SW.

2. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    I wonder if that is needed to support MPEG4 video and audio.

3. Series3Sub

Series3Sub Active Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I think it more likely they attempted to "future proof" the product in the UNLIKELY event they were allowed to add features before launch or may be allowed to ad something after launch. I don't think we're gonna see any decent changes on this box--ever.

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    It is much easier to start from an existing code base and selectively turn off features. I would doubt that they started from scratch here.