1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THR22-100 and Tivo Desktop Plus?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by itphife, Mar 17, 2012.

1. itphife

itphife New Member

Feb 3, 2003
    el cerrito,...
    Does the new DirecTV Tivo THR22 support Tivo Desktop Plus? When I install Tivo desktop the PC app doesnt see my TIVO altho my Tivo does see the PC. ALso the Tivo remote control app for android doesnt seem to recognize my THR22. Are these known issues or am I doing something wrong?

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    My understanding is that it works for photos and music only.

3. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    The remote app will NOT work with the THR22. The main reason is because it is not a TiVo and doesn't have the same command set as a Premiere or TiVoHD. It is a D* receiver with TiVo software - big difference.

Programming is provided by D* and not Tribune and the remote codes are completely different.

4. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    There are two different remote interfaces for the TiVo: the new, Premiere-only "iPad" interface, which is also the one used by the official Android app; and the old, "Crestron" interface, which is used by the older third-party remotes, like mine. Do we know that neither of these works with the THR22?