1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THR-22 network features besides On Demand?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Robert Lauriston, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Robert Lauriston

Robert Lauriston New Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Does connecting a THR-22 to a network give you any additional features besides On Demand? I don't find any of the streaming services my regular Tivo has (YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc.)

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    You can schedule recordings on demand and play photos and music from your local network. Oh, and Swivel Search. That's about it. You're not going to see competing content providers such as Netflix or Hulu on a DirecTV box.

3. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    I wonder why tivo has netflix ,hulu plus and you tube on their cable boxes,but not on the directv box?

4. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Simple answer. Those three are competing with a TV service and a provider is not going to upset the broadcast companies by offering alternatives to watching the commercials.

When I worked for a cable company, we introduced the TiVo Premiere as a DVR option. We were TOLD by Starz that we had to remove Netflix or lose that premium offering.

D* and TiVo are also two different companies with different agendas. The THR22 is primarily a satellite receiver with TiVo software and therefore much less of the fee goes to TiVo than what they get from their own box.