1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Those Who Kill' - New Drama starring Chloë Sevigny

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004

New A&E drama 'Those Who Kill' starts March 03, 2014.

Based on the Danish TV crime series inspired by bestselling author Elsebeth Egholm, "Those Who Kill" stars Chloë Sevigny as Catherine Jensen, a brilliant police detective who tracks down serial killers. Jensen is also investigating her stepfather, who may be a serial killer, while searching for her missing brother. She enlists the help of Thomas Schaffer (James D’Arcy), a forensic psychiatrist, to help her understand the minds of serial killers, all the while luring Schaffer into her own personal investigation. Both characters possess a deep psychological understanding that connects them to the killers' victims and to the killers themselves.

First episode is out on usenet.
  2. NashvilleKat

NashvilleKat Retired Old Fart

Dec 24, 2013
  3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard New Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I'll definitely check this one out.
  4. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Active Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Doesn't bode well for a new series of Hit and Miss.
  5. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
  6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    They said a couple of years ago that H&M was a one-and-done.
  7. StacieH

StacieH betativowho??

Jan 2, 2009
    Between San...
    Sounds interesting!
  8. Ekims

Ekims Don't care anymore

Oct 18, 2002
    Yeah, bout...
    Did anyone watch this? I thought this was horrible! Did anyone enjoy this in the way it was intended to be enjoyed and not in a train wreck sort of way?
  9. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Pulling weeds
    We enjoyed it.
    There are enough unanswered questions about the Chloe character (can't remember her name) that I will come back to find out the answers.
    Her comment "You have to be worse than they are" was chilling.

Of course a character as internalized and expressionless as hers can be difficult to establish quickly, so I'll at least give it a few more weeks to find it's way.
  10. farleyruskz

farleyruskz Nunya

Nov 13, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I tried, but gave up halfway through and deleted the season pass.
  11. Martha

Martha Member

Oct 6, 2002
    South Carolina
    I really liked it. Very dark, but I thought it was a good story and am looking forward to next week.
  12. Ekims

Ekims Don't care anymore

Oct 18, 2002
    Yeah, bout...
    We did the same thing and as my wife put it, the Season Pass was deleted with impunity. I usually will let a new show develop the characters and let the actors find their groove. I just couldn't get past the cliché wrapped in a cliché this show was for us.
  13. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    We liked it enough to give it another week or two. The weak point for me is Sevigny. I read an article in TV guide that made it appear she thinks she's a great actress. Haven't seen her in anything so I was looking forward to her performance. To say she isn't as good as she thinks she is would be a tremendous understatement. As I said, I think she is the weak link in the show.
  14. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    Very dour and dreary, reminiscent of the Killing, though not as well done (as season one of the Killing that is). I don't see the chemistry between the two main characters though it seems apparent that the director and writers want me to. I'm willing to give it another go, but this sp hangs by a thread.

I've never had an opinion about Chloe one way or another previously, but so far I don't care much for her here. Maybe she needed a bit more character development before we got down to business? Funny thing? The opening scene when she's in the car holding the crystal? As the camera panned around her, I said to my wife, " that's a dude!". I thought it was going to be a guy dressed in drag or a transsexual. Instead, it was Chloe :)
  15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    So basically, for you she's pretty much hit and miss?
  16. Ravensfan

Ravensfan New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I liked her in both Big Love and Hit and Miss. I missed the pilot and will start a season pass for it.
  17. pkscout

pkscout New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    One of my classmates from college is in a supporting role, so I decided to give it a try. It's not necessarily that it's dark and depressing, but rather that it seems to be only dark and depressing. The two leads had a glassy eyed look that indicated either that they were on drugs just to function in society or that they were so completely depressed that they weren't just about to cry at every moment.

I thought it was well acted, the writing seemed good, and I liked the cinematography. It's just not for me.
  18. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    I don't know which was worse, her performance or my post.....yeah, I do know.
  19. tivoboyjr

tivoboyjr Unregistered User

Apr 28, 2003
    I wasn't going to watch this (yet another serial killer show??) but based on all of the bad reviews here I may have to check it out. I've never thought of Chloe as a great actress, but she's "interesting."
  20. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I like Sevigny and I kind of liked the pilot. There's room for improvement, but I'll stick around for now.