1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walking Dead S04E04: "Indifference" 11.04.13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cearbhaill, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Nov 4, 2013 #1 of 104
    Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Didn't see that coming!

So Rick doesn't want to be a leader and make decisions until he wants to be a leader and make decisions?
    So at random times he just up and decides to make these enormous calls that affect everyone?
    How nice that he can pick and choose when to involve himself.

Looked like a good time to involve the council if you ask me.
    If they're so afraid that Tyrese would kill her, hows about maybe preventing that from happening?
    Or keep the knowledge within the council.
    They're going to miss her and they'll be divided over it anyway.
    Can't wait to see how Rick spins it when he returns.

I half expected Carol to run him down after she turned her car around.
    We haven't seen the last of her. And I still wouldn't call what she did cold blooded murder- there was a small chance that it could have worked.

Losing the hippie kids (at least the girl) was sad.
    They were so upbeat and folks need people like that.

As opposed to Tyrese who is annoying me to tears. Get it together man.

2. Nov 4, 2013 #2 of 104
    cditty

cditty Active Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Memphis TN
    I think he did it more for her. Tyrese would have killed her and prob anyone trying to stop him while protecting her.

3. Nov 4, 2013 #3 of 104
    zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    I knew they were screwed once it was revealed that the two of them were kept in a closed room for 2 days by a single zombie.

4. Nov 4, 2013 #4 of 104
    markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Yeah, I think Rick made the wrong decision. However, he may have been doing it for her safety.

What's to stop her from heading back to the prison before Rick gets there?

And I don't know that he is picking and choosing when to make decisions and lead people. She kept on him until he did. He had not said a word about the whole thing until she made him.

5. Nov 4, 2013 #5 of 104
    pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    When they pull up to the house in the car....all I could think of was "NEVER PARK BEHIND ANOTHER CAR!". Don't block your escape route by parking behind another vehicle.

6. Nov 4, 2013 #6 of 104
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I know this series is heavy on character development, but I found this ep to be average at best even in that regard....really crawled by....

7. Nov 4, 2013 #7 of 104
    Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Didn't their car have a reverse gear?

8. Nov 4, 2013 #8 of 104
    Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    That can waste what turn out to be very precious moments.
    Or a bad guy could block them in.

In other words it limits their options unnecessarily.

9. Nov 4, 2013 #9 of 104
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I expect Carol to be back.

At least I hope so as she has become one of my favoroite characters.

10. Nov 4, 2013 #10 of 104
    pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Exactly! If you park behind another vehicle then you only have 1 way to move. Now what do you do if a horde comes from the back of the car?

11. Nov 4, 2013 #11 of 104
    Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, that's how they're starting the TWD spinnoff. Carol goes off and finds another group.

12. Nov 4, 2013 #12 of 104
    Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Geez guys...you're making this out to be a much bigger deal than it is. You back up a few feet then go forward. This is not rocket science; it doesn't take more than a few seconds (maybe five at most) to do so...maybe for you, but not for me!

13. Nov 4, 2013 #13 of 104
    T-Wolves

T-Wolves Information Junkie

Aug 22, 2000
    Minnesota
    The title of the episode was pretty appropriate, IMO. Lots of talking, not a lot of plot movement. I'm sure Carol will be back; Daryl might go out and find her. Or else she'll run into the Governor. We're 1/4 of the way through the season now.

14. Nov 4, 2013 #14 of 104
    caslu

caslu Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Rick made it clear that he was not making this decision for the group (although it obviously does affect everyone). He made the decision for himself and his family... he didn't want someone around that might arbitrarily decide someone in his family had to die at any point and I agree with him, especially given that her plan ended up being pointless after all since it didn't prevent the disease from spreading.

Besides, Carol told him that he couldn't JUST be a farmer and he took her up on that challenge by making a decision. It just wasn't one she liked.

15. Nov 4, 2013 #15 of 104
    tlc

tlc Member

May 29, 2002
    I'll be interested in Dale's reaction. (I'm assuming Rick's going to tell the truth about why she's gone.)

I would have liked to hear her say "I'll take that chance. Let's go ask the group if they want me to stay."

16. Nov 4, 2013 #16 of 104
    danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Do you mean Tyrese? Or Daryl? Dale's not reacting to much, these days.

So, at what point did Rick decide he was going to exile her? Before they set out, and that was the whole reason that he asked her to come along? That's kind of my take.

17. Nov 4, 2013 #17 of 104
    Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    Bad decision by Rick, I am not sure how anything good will come out of it. Daryl will not be happy and I can see major infighting withing the core group. Rick should have brought it to the counsel and let the group make a decision. I guess he was trying to give her a fighting chance at a fresh start with a new group.

Also, no drama in the counsel talking through a decision on Carols fate.

Maybe he will say she was killed by walkers but how will explain things when she appears later in the season?

18. Nov 4, 2013 #18 of 104
    getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Interesting that Rick could justify Carl jr. intentionally killing someone "in cold blood", but he no longer trusts Carol despite her explanation for her actions as a compassionate gesture to save the group and put the sick people out of their misery. Carol will be back. But now I don't trust that new little girl with the giant knife! She will be the female counterpart to psycho Carl jr.

19. Nov 4, 2013 #19 of 104
    pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    How'd backing up work for the group last week? ;)

20. Nov 4, 2013 #20 of 104
    JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    The way Rick kept checking his rear view at the end, I thought me might turn around and go get her back. I guess not.

I wonder if Daryl is going to start getting close to Michonne now that she seems ok with just sticking around?

But ya, I didn't see that coming with Carol. Count me among those that think she'll be back - and not as a walker that the girl can feed at the fence!