1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walking Dead - OAD 03/10/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by markz, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Mar 11, 2013 #1 of 149
    markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I guess no one else is gonna start a thread so I will.

It was great seeing Rick face-off against the Governor. The next time they meet should be a good one!

The Governor said his name, but I cannot think of it right now. Anyone else catch it?

Loved the zombie-killing contest between Daryl and the guy from the other side. Especially how one of Daryl's arrows went through the zombie girl and into the neck of he zombie guy.

Some good stuff from The Talking Dead:

The girl that plays Maggie is HAWT! And speaks with a British accent even though she is an American.

The guy that plays the Governor is British and fashioned his American accent off of Bill Clinton!

2. Mar 11, 2013 #2 of 149
    sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I've heard his name a few times and always forget it (sorry). Wow, who didn't know the second the gov went toward the table that there was going to be a hidden weapon?

At first I was afraid the whole episode was going to be there but it rounded out nicely.

Yeah, the zombie killing contest was awesome.

Also enjoyed Talking Dead a great deal, but then I truly LOVE that show and always make sure to watch TWD early enough to be able to watch TD right after.

NOT spoilers - just Talking Dead content...

ITA that Lauren is pretty hot and I was almost getting a girl-crush on her. Love how they almost always have a guest from the show, especially cast members. Also enjoying the bits of the Andrew Lincoln/Hardwick interview each week, but would love to see more of that.

3. Mar 11, 2013 #3 of 149
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I would cut and run. Facing off with the Governor is going to get you no where. Just pack up and leave. Heck they do better and lose less people on the road. Go find another town, or prison. Heck do what everybody ever talks about and hit the coast and find an island.

4. Mar 11, 2013 #4 of 149
    markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I agree with you, Herschel & Carol that they should just hit the road. They'd get a 2-day start before the Governor realizes it, unless he has lookouts watching them. If they head any away except towards the town, he should not be able to find them quickly.

5. Mar 11, 2013 #5 of 149
    MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    We've known his name is "Phillip" for quite awhile now.

I would have shot the Gov in the face the second I saw him. I'm not sure why Rick didn't, considering he's done it before and with less cause (the bar and the inmate).

Agree that they should just take off. Go find their own gated community or McMansion. I definitely wouldn't be married to the idea of the prison...there are lots of more suitable/comfortable places to go.

6. Mar 11, 2013 #6 of 149
    tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    The Gov. commented on all the weapons Rick brought in so I think that meant he has people watching the prison.

7. Mar 11, 2013 #7 of 149
    markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    He'd have to have someone INSIDE to see that. From the time they left Morgan's till they unpacked the weapons, they were inside of duffle bags. He could assume they were weapons, but he couldn't know that.

8. Mar 11, 2013 #8 of 149
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Chekhov would be ashamed.
    I think this is the first time we learned it's Philip Blake, though...
    Although in those earlier cases it was self-defense. I think in this case, a little preventative self-defense wouldn't be uncalled for.. :D

9. Mar 11, 2013 #9 of 149
    Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    They've seen some good ideas for securing a place already.

Find an empty town. Hell maybe go back to Rick's old town.

Find a big box hardware store with plenty of brooms, mops and some barb wire. Sharpen the brooms and mops into spears and build a Morgan defense system.

Behind the spears, begin building sturdier walls and a gate like in Woodbury. Woodbury is just a couple of blocks behind barricades.

Maybe even head to a cemetary and find a back hoe and dig a trench to use as a dry moat. Any walkers that find their way in there get speared in the head with a makeshift polearm, then burned to ash.

My neighborhood would have a vacant lot or two.. or a park that can be farmed.

With a bit of planning they could make a go of it anywhere. This season's first episode has shown us they are skilled at clearing houses quickly.

10. Mar 11, 2013 #10 of 149
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Oh and for those commenting on Maggie being hot, Google "lauren cohan modeling". She is very hot.

11. Mar 11, 2013 #11 of 149
    voripteth

voripteth User Advocate

Apr 9, 2003
    Given that zombie skulls are so fragile it's surprising that arrows don't constantly fly threw and get lost in the woods. It would be cool scene to have a line of zombies all get headshot by a single bullet. (Implausible but fun)

12. Mar 11, 2013 #12 of 149
    Test

Test Active Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Probably got the report about the duffle bags and threw the weapons comment out to Rick so he could try and read him. Unless Merle is still on team gov as a double agent.

13. Mar 11, 2013 #13 of 149
    pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I would disagree about leaving the prison, but considering the current condition of it and the lack of food that they mentioned.....I would agree that leaving probably makes better sense.

14. Mar 11, 2013 #14 of 149
    sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I have no doubt that the gov has people watching them. I don't think they'd really need to be inside to figure out that those bags were full of guns. A bag of guns looks a lot different than a bag of something else, methinks.

Of course, one might think that it is possible for Merle to be a double-agent. Maybe that's why he's being so 'let's go there and kill him' - to convince them that he's on their side. I don't know, though. I think he'd be more on Daryl's side than the gov's.

I don't think Merle cares that the gov is a sick f*ck because he is one, himself. I think he has other motivations.

Maybe they should knock off the gov and anybody else who gets in the way and take the town for themselves. They can keep the citizens if they don't revolt. It's some nicer digs and they can make it more secure.

15. Mar 11, 2013 #15 of 149
    MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    I think Maryl is more simple than that. His brother is on this side, and the Gov tried to have him killed. He wants the Gov dead.

16. Mar 11, 2013 #16 of 149
    Mr. Merkin

Mr. Merkin New Member

May 6, 2005
    I can't wait for the scene where Michonne kills the Governor. That is going to be epic!

17. Mar 11, 2013 #17 of 149
    sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I can't wait for the scene where Maggie kills the Governator - In the ballz first. :D

18. Mar 11, 2013 #18 of 149
    DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    Indeed. She had a recurring role on Supernatural for a few seasons, and I always thought she was incredibly hot.

19. Mar 11, 2013 #19 of 149
    brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    :eek::up:

20. Mar 11, 2013 #20 of 149
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    For some reason all I could think of was "Han Shot First!" :D :p (Not that I am saying the Governor is Han at all).

I liked the episode. Maggie and Glen making out in front of the walkers and then both going 'um' and moving inside was fun.

Herschel chatting with the woodberry guy and saying "You want to see my leg, you haven't even bought me a drink!" was a hoot.

And yes, Daryl tossing the knife past the other guy and into the walker was just awesome!!