1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walking Dead, 3/3/2013, "Clear"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Shaunnick, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Mar 4, 2013 #1 of 186
    Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    :(

Poor Morgan.

And how did Michonne get the picture?

:confused:

2. Mar 4, 2013 #2 of 186
    MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    She had Carl stand right in the front door so all the walkers were focused on him. She just ran in and grabbed it off the floor. Real easy.

Thought this was a great ep, LOVED the setup Morgan had, great way to be safe, kill a lot of walkers, and not even use any ammo on them.

That and go all "The Shinning" kinds of crazy

3. Mar 4, 2013 #3 of 186
    GTuck

GTuck ClownPrinceofCrime

May 23, 2004
    Livonia, MI
    Really? I thought it was the worst one of the year, each episode in the second half of season 3 becomes the worst episode of season 3. It's getting worse and worse, I don't care about Morgan anymore. I don't care that he's super crazy. Michonne was the best part of the episode, which is sad.

4. Mar 4, 2013 #4 of 186
    Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    AMC shows seem to have one episode each season that's a money saver. This was it.

5. Mar 4, 2013 #5 of 186
    n548gxg

n548gxg New Member

Mar 7, 2003
    East Coast
    I agree, it was a terrible episode. It just seemed like a 'filler' episode.
    It did not ad=vance the plot line.

One question, why did they not pick up the hitchhiker?

6. Mar 4, 2013 #6 of 186
    MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I thought it was great as in showing how another character completely on his own, who lost his wife and son is handling it. It plays off of Rick who was lucky in that he was with his wife for a while, and still has his son. And he wasn't the one who had to kill his wife either.

7. Mar 4, 2013 #7 of 186
    GTuck

GTuck ClownPrinceofCrime

May 23, 2004
    Livonia, MI
    The only place Rick knows where to find ammo and guns is at his police station back in Kentucky? How far of a drive was that? 5 hours or so, it's also ridiculous that they went all the way back there.

8. Mar 4, 2013 #8 of 186
    Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    um what?

i thought it was a great episode and it totally advanced the story in terms of Rick's crazy, the relationship with Michonne, the relationship with Carl and how far they have fallen in the way they responded to the hitchhiker

honestly i was super happy to have a Woodbury free episode

one of my favorites of the season

9. Mar 4, 2013 #9 of 186
    aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I think they shot a scene where she got the picture and then cut it. That entire scene had some weird editing. She grabbed Carl's hand before he opened the door and then it jumped ahead like a minute and they were at least 50 yards from the building. Something was clearly cut.

10. Mar 4, 2013 #10 of 186
    aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Rick was a cop in Kentucky? I thought he was in Georgia?

11. Mar 4, 2013 #11 of 186
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I also thought it was a good episode. I was happy to see Morgan again, although the previously clips kind of tipped it off.

Did it advance the plot with the governor? No, but I was okay with that since it appears to have just been a one episode diversion.

The not picking up the hitchhiker was pretty brutal, especially stopping and picking up his backpack at the end. Although I found myself wondering how that guy had survived that long if he could not avoid the walkers on that road, especially when you consider that Rick, Carl and Michonne probably killed them all in order to get the car unstuck.

12. Mar 4, 2013 #12 of 186
    markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I think this episode was a turning point for Rick. Morgan is the future of Rick if Rick doesn't snap out of his funk. I think he saw what he could become and will now be on the mend.

It furthered his relationship with Carl. He saw Carl in action by watching him save Rick from Morgan. Before this episode, he was pretty much ignoring Carl after Lori's death. Now they are closer.

It furthered Michonne's relationship with Rick and Carl. Carl & Michonne bonded, and Carl told Rick that "she is one of us". She told Rick that she nows he "sees" people and that it is ok. They all have their ghosts. Rick now knows that he is not going through this alone.

All of this!

13. Mar 4, 2013 #13 of 186
    GTuck

GTuck ClownPrinceofCrime

May 23, 2004
    Livonia, MI
    Maybe that was the comic, either way it had to be a long stupid drive to go all the way back there.

14. Mar 4, 2013 #14 of 186
    trnsfrguy

trnsfrguy Advanced !

Apr 28, 2005
    Bronx, NY
    Yes, Rick was a Kentucky cop in the comic and a Georgia cop on the show.

15. Mar 4, 2013 #15 of 186
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Presented without comment: The guy who wrote this episode is the new show-runner for next season.

16. Mar 4, 2013 #16 of 186
    Barmat

Barmat Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Livermore CA
    One of the best if not the best episode of the season.

The actor that played Morgan was great. loved trying to read the walls, it reminded me of lost.

Poor hitchhiker, thought he would come running out of the woods with a roll of TP after they took his backpack.

17. Mar 4, 2013 #17 of 186
    markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I expected that too with the way the camera stayed there watching the car drive off.

18. Mar 4, 2013 #18 of 186
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I really enjoyed the episode. Getting away from the prison and the Gov. and all that crap. I was happy. I really don't like the 'stuck in one place'

I got why they didn't stop for the lone guy but was sad it ended like it did for him. I thought maybe when they were stuck that he would help them and they would take him on. And wow, so desperate that they stopped to grab the dead guys pack at the end.

I loved the whole bit with Morgan. It did wake Rick up. Wish he would have gone with them, but maybe we will see him again.

This. Said much better than I could.

I liked how Rick reacted when Carl shot the guy. He seemed to want Carl to know that it was different to shoot a normal person and not a walker and that he didn't want Carl to have to do it.

19. Mar 4, 2013 #19 of 186
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Except we already saw his remains on the road.

I was half-expecting that he'd be huffing and puffing his way into town just as the car left. And the last we'd see of him would be him staring back at the car in abject shock...as a zombie horde lurches up behind him.

But I'm glad they chose to emphasize the brutal dickishness of our heroes over the potential humor of the situation.

20. Mar 4, 2013 #20 of 186
    zalusky

zalusky Active Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    This was "Clear"ly and fan episode. They know what you guys and twitter and other places are saying. They know you have been asking about Morgan and decided to do a partial one off episode to celebrate that.

I believe it did wrap up Ricks funk, Rick and Michonne, and Morgan issues.

I think though we will have winers know matter what some people just hate one offs.