1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walking Dead - 2/24/13 - "I ain't a Judas"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by betts4, Feb 25, 2013.

1. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Need more Daryl air time.

As for the rest of it. Andrea is a wimp. She should have done it. Even though the Gov was awake and waiting. Now he knows she might.

There were some good lines, but I can't remember them. I need to rewatch.

2. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Thought another SLOW episode. Meh. Didn't care much for it.

Next week previews look fun. I prefer the episodes that have SOME threat involved during it. Humans or Zombies.

3. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I'm not sure we know if the Gov was awake or not. Sure, it's possible and even likely, but there wasn't any indication that he actually was awake.

But I knew she would never do it. She was stupid to get up and realize that with a knife in her hand.. she should have just reasoned it out while still in bed.

He did take her back pretty quickly, so I think that was a trap and he knows what she might be being put up to.

Also, why give her the car to go back? Why didn't one of them just drive her there, drop her off a few hundred yards away (she can walk the rest of the way), and return to the prison with the car? Stupid.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Then again, this is television, and that kind of inner conflict is not something that can be shown. They probably did about as good a job of portraying her inner conflict as they could have.

The good news is, it doesn't make her look any more stupid than she already was. It's kind of miraculous that she's already the dumbest character on the show, considering that counts about a million zombies... :D

5. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I thought there was a second when he opened his one eye.

Also why don't so many viewers get the concept of a mirror? They were jumping on the thought that the Gov was trying to burn the wrong eye when in fact he was looking in a mirror. I mean jeesh, who just puts a match up to your eye without looking!

6. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    But I think they could have showed that inner conflict without the risk of revealing the plot to Gov (if he was awake). Maybe she goes into the bathroom to get a knife, contemplates it, and then puts it back, out of ear/eye shot of the Gov. She is pretty stupid, though.

7. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    They had her get out of the bed and get the knife just so they could film her naked. :)

8. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Also, is that the the most lines Michonne has had?

9. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    Easily.

10. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    It drives me crazy everytime I see/hear those walkers just hanging out along the fence of the prison....WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE JUST STAB THEM AND GET RID OF THEM ALREADY?!?

11. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Yeah you think they would just lure them off to the side and can just stab them. Make it Merle's job

12. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    My wife and I discussed this.

Best theory: As they kill them along the fence, the bodies begin to pile and create a climbable mound. Someone would therefore either need to go out and clean them off on a regular basis or clean them when they pile up, both of which is dangerous to do.

13. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    I got the impression they were worried about snipers in the woods.

14. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I seriously doubt that was her; more likely a body double.

15. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    More lines in one ep than she's had since the season began...

16. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Yeah, that's probably the biggest thing

But that is only a recent thing

17. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    There aren't that many of them. I know it's not pivotal to the show, but it just drives me crazy. That area could be cleaned and reclaimed within a couple of hours.

I do agree about being concerned with snipers, though that is a recent concern.

18. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I kept thinking he was going to grab her wrist any second as she's standing there. But if she did it then they could get rid of Martinez and a few other nut cases and everyone could live happily ever after in the town together--show over. So I didn't think she would.

Didn't they show the Gov popping pills? Between that and the booze he may have been knocked out pretty good. I'm not sure he cares if he lives or dies any more--look at how he stood in the open when they attacked the prison. He'd probably die happy if he could kill Michonne and Rick.

19. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I didn't see anything to indicate the Gov knew Andrea was there.

I really want to FF through everything that happens at Woodbury. I don't care about the people there or what happens there. Snoozer.

The stuff at the prison was pretty good though. I liked the reunion with Andrea. She thought she'd be welcome with open arms and I think was taken aback that they were so harsh with her at the start. What did she expect, she's literally sleeping with the enemy.

At the end when Andrea went back to the Gov, I think she really believes she does belong there. She saw how they were living at the prison. She doesn't want to live like that. She's willing to sacrifice her ethics and let the Gov do what he wants for the comfort of that life. She'll posture about it, but when push comes to shove, she won't stop him.

20. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I obviously missed the end somehow.... I saw Andrea drive off, but never saw her back in the town.

I hope I still have the recording and can go back and see what I missed.