1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Voice - Team Blake/Christina Eliminations 4/17/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JLucPicard, Apr 18, 2012.

1. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    New thread started for this week's elimination discussion...

I can't say that I agree with either coach's elimination choice tonight. I would have went the other way on both counts. Oh well.

The whole "I love you (fill in name of coach who is trying to speak here)!" shouting from the crowd is starting to get more annoying to me than the jerkwads that scream "Get in the hole!" during golf tournaments. And it's hard to get much more annoying than that! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

2. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Christina made the wrong call.

Blake got it right.

3. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    In my opinion the audience made the wrong call for both teams. Chris Mann's being safe was the bigger shocker of the two though.

I was also shocked at who Christina saved. I didn't think Lindsey had a chance. I like Lindsey but she was not great this week. The only thing I can think of is her having the highest downloads on iTunes last week may have contributed to the save.

I gotta question if Jesse was in the competition whether Chris would have been the one saved?

Blake, I could have seen him going either way. I could have seen him easily going with the country girl over Erin. Erin was a good choice though.

4. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    actually i have a theory about that - i think it had NOTHING to do with Lindsay and EVERYTHING to do with the fact her song is THEE hot hit of the month.

i think i was actually most shocked at Blake not saving leeannraedawnlynn who he seems to have been spouting as the next coming of his illegitimate love child.

5. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    The country girl sings in a weird non-country affected manner. It sounds weird and does not work. I was glad to see Erin win though it was announced over the credit roll and my Tivo barely got it.

6. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    That's because Christina does not know what "briefly" means when Carson asks her to briefly say something. She went on forever and that cut blake short.

7. cl8855

cl8855 woot!

Jan 2, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    yeah, country girl just sounds HORRIBLE when she tries a regular voice

8. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    When they did the group song "Heartache Tonight", you could hear RaeLynn singing off key. And when Lindsey cried after her performance, I thought it was because she went flat at the end, and knew she had blown it. Ashly should have stayed.

9. Lori

Lori Social Defective TCF Club

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
    I hate Lindsey.

That is all.

:)

10. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Yeah, I'm with you.

And I know it is wrong to say so, because I don't know the girl at all - but she comes across like a stone cold *****.

11. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Wow, I have not seen that side of her at all.

12. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    You are not a girl.

13. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Christina loves attention so she's inclined to talk forever.

14. etexlady

etexlady Active Member

Jun 22, 2002
    East Texas
    Blake's choice surprised me since he had been pimping RaeLynn at every opportunity. To me she just looked and sounded too young to sing the "adult" songs she or someone else selected for her. Christina should have sent home "opera" guy.

15. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I hated RaeLynn's pronounciation of words and weird affectations. I don't like country but this was not a country thing.