TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

The Voice - S5 - entire season thread

15K views 165 replies 32 participants last post by  LoadStar 
#1 ·
Just kicking this off. Some good talent so far. I like this new Christina. Not the look (although that is good too), but the attitude.

#3 ·
Why did she leave and why did she come back? She made a few comments about having fresh ears, but I don't know what the story is there.

I thought the part with that 15 year old kid was pretty lame...the build-up of those other kids not making it, then him...also....not making it. Why?

The kid with the fastest 4 chair turnaround...he should have stopped singing after the intro.

#6 ·
I believe both Xtina and CeeLo took a cycle off to do professional work on their own music and projects - Xtina had a new CD out. They were always coming back.
Ceelo had to take time off to get that silly head tattoo apparently :)

I am not sure we saw a winner last night. It is too soon to tell.

At this point, if I was a betting man, I would be betting on Blakes team (again).

#10 ·
I'm not impressed this season. Christina is trying hard to hide her *****ness, Cee Lo is even weirder, and everyone is gunning for Blake. And I've only heard two or three voices I think should be on the show(EG, the Jamaican girl, and the shy Jersey girl.)

#11 ·
The one I want to talk about is Briana Cuoco, Kaley ["Penny" on Big Bang Theory] Cuoco's sister. Based on her audition, I have *serious* doubts that any of the judges should have turned around based strictly on the vocals alone, ostensibly the whole "hook" to the show. Frankly, she kind of stunk. Yet, two of the judges still turned around, and I think they were cued to do so because producers wanted to include both Briana and Kaley.

It is really kind of disappointing if that's true that the "blind" auditions aren't as "blind" as they try and depict. :(

#12 ·
Another two things that bothered me: we saw the whole audition of the albino and halapecia (sp?) guy, but not others that actually made it on the show.

And Christina asking EG about acting really seemed like a plant. Who the hell would have recognized a 51 year old woman who has had plastic surgery as Dottie from Pee Wee's Big adventure?

Could you recognize her:

or her:

as this woman:

#13 ·
Another two things that bothered me: we saw the whole audition of the albino and halapecia (sp?) guy, but not others that actually made it on the show.

And Christina asking EG about acting really seemed like a plant. Who the hell would have recognized a 51 year old woman who has had plastic surgery as Dottie from Pee Wee's Big adventure?

Could you recognize her:

or her:

as this woman:
I recognized her from Friends but not from Pee Wee's Big Adventure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#14 ·
I think C-Lo should just start waiting till the last second to push his button. Seems if he is up against anyone, he doesn't get picked. Except maybe the true R&B artists.

I thought a few of them last night were not really that good.

I guess if you don't have a good back story, you are not going to get on this show.

#15 ·
The one I want to talk about is Briana Cuoco, Kaley ["Penny" on Big Bang Theory] Cuoco's sister. Based on her audition, I have *serious* doubts that any of the judges should have turned around based strictly on the vocals alone, ostensibly the whole "hook" to the show. Frankly, she kind of stunk. Yet, two of the judges still turned around, and I think they were cued to do so because producers wanted to include both Briana and Kaley.

It is really kind of disappointing if that's true that the "blind" auditions aren't as "blind" as they try and depict. :(
With all due respect, you haven't had that great a run picking the successful contestant on the singing shows.

She wasn't knock your socks off like others, but didn't fall flat like many of the other singers that don't make it past the blind auditions. It isn't unreasonable that she made it.

There is basic similarity, and I think they recognized her more after she went into the voice she used in the movie.

#16 ·

I guess if you don't have a good back story, you are not going to get on this show.
... and it's becoming very annoying. I'm all for people pulling themselves out of bad situations, but as TIVO_GUY_HERE says, it almost looks like you have to have had a dysfunctional childhood/crisis to even qualify for the show. It reminds me of Undercover Boss, where they always have some employee with a sad narrative that they can "save".

The attack-banter between the stars usually seems forced, along with their pleas to the contestants. I can't watch this show live - I have to be able to skip past the dreck dialog.

While I'm on a rant... :) I don't think anyone that has worked as a top-level professional should be allowed, specifically, people who were backing vocals for headliner touring artists, session artists, etc. You ought to have enough connections in the industry already.

#17 ·
"it would mean the world to me"

if one more person says that right before they go on I will throw something at the TV.

usually i fast forward through everything but for some reason this season i am checking out the back stories and the judges pleas more than usual.

i am enjoying :)

#19 ·
Gotta say I'm still not a fan of the battle rounds. Too many good singers get let go.
Don't know how I would change it tho. Bit early but I am liking Adams team this year.

I see Cassadee Pope (3rd season winner) has the No. 1 country album.
Seems like the last 2-3 years that Adam has had the strongest team on paper after the blinds. But, for whatever reason his singers haven't been winning. My guess is that it is partly his song choices (he tries to push his artists instead of playing to their strengths like Blake does) and the country watching crowd that is simply voting for Blake's candidates.

#21 ·
I wonder why they edited tonight's show the way they did. Leaving Cee Lo's last steal for the end assured that the loser of the last battle would get stolen. You would think they would mix it up a little.
Agreed. Their apparent surpise that there had been a steal would indicate that either that was completely staged, or in fact the steal did not occur in the final round.

I can't recall-- was there a non-Cee-Lo artist where Carson did *not* say 'let me remind you xxxx is available for a steal'?? That would have had to be the truly last one I suppose.

Seemed very goofy...

#23 ·
Gotta say I'm still not a fan of the battle rounds. Too many good singers get let go.
Don't know how I would change it tho. Bit early but I am liking Adams team this year.

I see Cassadee Pope (3rd season winner) has the No. 1 country album.
Agree 1,000 percent about the battle rounds- I hate all the posing and theatrics that the singers being on stage together brings out.....

I don't even care if I miss an episode- just bring on the semi-finals....

And it still drives me completely crazy that they call it a "steal"- I know why they do it, but IT IS NOT A STEAL!!!!

Only good thing about it is we can watch a 2 hour episode in record time, fast forwarding through pretty much everything

#26 ·
Like what? There's nothing there. :confused:
Perhaps it's an ironic post :)

Actually, it's from a year ago with Trevin Hunte vs. Amanda Brown singing "Vision of Love". For some reason, the YouTube link won't let let you go there directly. You have to search on "Amanda Brown" at YouTube.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.