1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Voice Finale 5/8/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by nyny523, May 8, 2012.

1. May 8, 2012 #1 of 24
    nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    And again, Christina forgot her pants. But she remembered her studded leather diaper.

Yay...:rolleyes:

2. May 8, 2012 #2 of 24
    stalemate

stalemate McGruber

Aug 21, 2005
    Little Rock, AR
    She put the "ass" in "class."

3. May 8, 2012 #3 of 24
    Lori

Lori Social Defective TCF Club

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
    You'd think that it would be someone's job to check and make sure that she is wearing pants.

4. May 9, 2012 #4 of 24
    Doggie Bear

Doggie Bear New Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Pacific...
    As to the results . . . wha????

Oh well, at least Chriss Mann came in last. Nothing personal but take that, Xtina!

5. May 9, 2012 #5 of 24
    Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    Lucca in 3rd?
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
    His duet with Adam on "Yesterday" gives me goosebumps.
    Oh and the crack monday about 99 problems being derogatory to women? I guess blow my whistle (umm yeah we know what that's about) was ok? Xtina had her kid on her lap listening to that. :rolleyes:

6. May 9, 2012 #6 of 24
    markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    What the heck was Christina wearing? Did she come straight from the hotel pool?

I wanted Juliet to win. Overall I liked her the best, though I thought Tony killed it Monday night! He would have been my second choice, and then Jermaine in third, and Chris in fourth.

7. May 9, 2012 #7 of 24
    Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I am living in an alternate universe because in my universe Jermaine went home a month ago.

what the????

8. May 9, 2012 #8 of 24
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    As long as Chris got 4th, I was fine with any of the others winning. I thought Tony should have, and couldn't believe he fell to 3rd.

9. May 9, 2012 #9 of 24
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I kind of agree. I thougt Blake made a mistake when he kept Jermaine. I guess I was wrong.

Apparently all of the final 4 from last year have released CDs so all four of the finalists have a good shot at making a record. That said, I can't see myself ever buying any of them.

10. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I'd consider one from Juliet if it got good buzz.

11. dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Thank Christina for that I think...

12. Tiggs

Tiggs New Member

May 4, 2012
    I'm happy for Jermaine. His voice, itself, doesn't absolutely "wow" me, but I was impressed with the styling and delivery of some of his performances. He made me feel something, enough to pay attention when he does put out new music. Whether I'll purchase or not will be dependent on the actual material he chooses, though. His isn't what I consider a "phone book" voice, one that I'd listen to singing absolutely anything.

I do like Erin's voice but, again, not wowed. She doesn't strike me as particularly artistic but, again, I'd consider purchasing a song if I really loved it. At this point, hard to imagine wanting an entire album.

Juliet's voice does "wow" me, but only when she's singing full-out, raw, rasp, "rocker chick" style. She delivers performances and emotionality but my ears absolutely cannot tolerate her softer-voiced, nasal, sound.

I like Chris Mann. I think his voice is good and he did make me feel something. Problem is that my brain can't help comparing Josh Groban and Andrea Bocelli, who can both blow me away and/or move me to tears every time. Any purchases would have to be on a song-by-song basis and I'd really have to love the material enough to overcome the comparison.

Katrina is the one I think I might most like to hear an entire album from. Oh and the piano player....eeek can't think of his name at the moment. Wore a hat, kinda bluesy...really liked him. I might also enjoy an album from him.

Tony impressed me. I do like his voice, but I'd also need to really like the material to consider purchasing. I didn't know "Hit Me Baby One More Time" was actually a real song until I heard Tony's rendition of it. (Don't bash me, Brittney fans; I obey my ears, that's all. They've just never cared for her voice.)

Lindsay had some moments I enjoyed. I might enjoy a particular song/performance on a case by case basis, but I don't imagine wanting to listen to an entire album.

Overall, I'm much happier with these two season of 'The Voice' than I've ever been with 'American Idol', which I've tried to watch and just can't stick with. I did very much enjoy 'Next Great American Band' and was sorry to see it end with only the one season. I also enjoyed 'Can You Duet' on CMT.

13. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    You think so? I doubt her comments had that much of an impact. Who really knows though.

14. stalemate

stalemate McGruber

Aug 21, 2005
    Little Rock, AR
    She's in a band called Automatic Loveletter with her brother. I listened to a little on rhapsody and didn't love it, even though she was my favorite contestant on the show.

15. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Active Member

Oct 2, 2003
    I thought Tony should have won, followed by Juliet/Jermaine (too close to call) then Chris.

16. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    How do I go about applying for that job? Is it part-time or full-time? :cool:

17. ConstableClyde

ConstableClyde New Member

May 1, 2012
    Nice!

18. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Christina's snobbery did Chris Mann a disfavor.

This was kind of a '94 Olympics result. The two rivals didn't win.

19. mqpickles

mqpickles Active Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Tiggs-- What about Jamar? I would buy his album.

20. Tiggs

Tiggs New Member

May 4, 2012
    I enjoyed Jamar's performances and I think he stood out as the most creative with covers. I would purchase on a song by song basis. He mentioned he's into electronica which really isn't my cup of tea, but I'm open to being surprised. I guess he slipped my mind because I doubt I'll be into the same thing he's into.