1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Voice - 5/7/12 - finalists perform

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bryhamm, May 8, 2012.

1. May 8, 2012 #1 of 14
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Thought Juliet was the strongest coming in, but Tony and Jermaine both outperformed her tonight imo. I really liked Tony tonight, and have him just edging out Jermaine. Juliet in 3rd and Chris a very distant 4th.

2. May 8, 2012 #2 of 14
    mqpickles

mqpickles Active Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Tony was the only one who stretched tonight. And the Yesterday duet was an inspired choice.

I think Freebird was a terrible choice for Juliet, and Born to be Wild was a mistake too. Karaoke selections. But she sang well, especially for being sick.

Jermaine is talented, but his last three songs have been power ballads from the last 20-30 years. He should have gone up tempo and more modern at least once (other than the duet).

I like Chris Mann's voice, but I may be biased because he's from Wichita and I'm slightly acquainted with his family.

3. May 8, 2012 #3 of 14
    Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    I think the competition is Tony's to lose. He has a terrific voice and stage presence.

4. May 8, 2012 #4 of 14
    markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I have been pulling for Juliet all along, but for this episode, I thought Tony did fantastic. The other two (especially Chris) just don't do it for me. I fast forward past most of Chris' performances. He has a great voice, but I don't like the style of songs he sings. And Jermaine is good, but Tony & especially Juliet often wow me with their performances.

5. May 8, 2012 #5 of 14
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I like Juliet and was hoping she would win but she has been less consistent on a week by week basis, having a few shining moments to help us overlook the average weeks.

Tony is the most consistent week in an out in my opinion. He is a good performer and I kind of want him to win to spite Christina, who seems to want to torpedo his chances every week. I thought her comment last night about his song choice was ridiculous. Say you are not a fan of the song but critique the performance don't tag Tony and Adam as demeaning to women.

I liked Chris more last night than any other night. He was really good on that Josh Groban song and his duet with Christina was also very good.

Jermaine, I just don't like his style that much. He has a tendency to over sing songs.

In the end I am rooting for Juliet or Tony. I would be happy with either of them. Next comes Chris, in spite of his coach, and Jermaine.

6. May 8, 2012 #6 of 14
    markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    She really does seem to have it in for him for some reason. I haven't heard her criticize anyone else the way she does him. It is less about his singing and more about him personally it seems.

7. May 8, 2012 #7 of 14
    Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I'm tired of Christina. "99 Problems" is a song about a confrontation with a cop and a K9 dog.

You'd think a pop star would know a little about pop music.

8. May 8, 2012 #8 of 14
    Lori

Lori Social Defective TCF Club

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
    I was pulling for Juliet coming in, but Tony kind of knocked it out of the park. Plus, he sang my favorite Maroon 5 song. :)

If Adam wins for the second year, that's going to make the blind auditions next year...interesting to say the least. :D

9. May 8, 2012 #9 of 14
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Good point. Didn't even really think about that.

10. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    I have a little "inside scoop" about Tony and Christina. A very good friend of mine from high school was cast coordinator for Mickey Mouse Club back in the 90's when Christina and Tony and Justin Timberlake and Brittney Spears were all in the cast. Christina had a huge crush on Tony and he just wasn't into her. Christina is incredibly bitter about her MMC days and having Tony Lucca on the Voice just stirred all that back up again.
    According my my friend Christina wasn't a very nice person even way back then.

11. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Plus it will make him seem like a Genius for tipping the balance in Tony's favor over Katrina last week.

12. hollowas

hollowas New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    I haven't like Jermaine at all during the season. He has a good voice, but there is something "bland" about it. However, I actually really liked how he sang some of Blake's song. The moments he sang country during the song were good... the moments he sang pop during the song were bland.

Getting really tired of listening to Christina. Very self-centred and immature.

13. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    I'm still rooting for Chris Mann. I absolutely love his voice. I'm not thrilled with any of the others but, hey, what do I know, right? LOL

14. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Active Member

Oct 2, 2003
    I should be rooting for the fellow Kansas, but Tony Lucca should win. Chris has a good voice, but his genre just isn't my thing.