1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Voice - 4/30/12 - final 8 performances

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bryhamm, Apr 30, 2012.

1. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Team Adam:
    Very close. I think it could go either way. I liked Tony's performance a bit better.

Team CeeLo:
    Jamar has a compelling story, but Juliet just kicked his ass tonight. She had the best performance of anyone and is the frontrunner to win the whole thing.

Team Christina:
    Just like Adam's team, I think it could go either way. I liked Lindsay's performance better last week, but I give Chris the edge this week.

Team Blake:
    I think Erin won tonight, but I think Blake is gonna pick Jermaine.

2. mqpickles

mqpickles Active Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    I pretty much agree with your entire analysis.

Jamar and Juliet are my two faves lately. I'm going to hate seeing one of them go.

3. May 1, 2012 #3 of 13
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I think I agree with your assessment also. Although, I really, really did not like Jermaine's Open Arms.

Alos, I think the sound editor was slacking. He didn't quite have the band loud enough to completely drown out the singers. It was close but if I tried really hard then I could barely pick out their voices over the guitars, keyboards and drums.

4. May 1, 2012 #4 of 13
    sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    So the judges have a point imput and the voters have imput. Will the point spread be revealed? At least the ones that the judges seemed to like for reasons other than talent are gone.

5. May 1, 2012 #5 of 13
    Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    I picked all the ladies. Jermaine was wooden, IMO, and Erin sang the crap out of her song.

I can't stand Chris Mann's voice. Although I would like to hear him sing "YMCA."

Juliet blew the roof off the house, and Katrina has much more talent than Tony.

6. May 1, 2012 #6 of 13
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Yeah, they didn't really explain how that works. Is it 50/50? If so, what happens if America picks one and the judges pick another?

7. May 1, 2012 #7 of 13
    markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Last night, I liked:

Tony
    Juliet
    Lindsey
    Erin

Juliet is my favorite overall and has been the last few performances.

I also liked the group performance of The Killers song "All These Things That I Have Done". I was not familiar with the song previously.

8. May 1, 2012 #8 of 13
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I can't remember exactly. I know last year that all the judges except Adam pretty much ranked their team members 50/50, basically relying entirely on the audience vote.

Adam heavily skewed his ranking in Javier's favor to help ensure that Javier made the finale.

Maybe it is a % thing. If I remember right, each judge was given 100 points to assign to their singers.

So it could go something like this

Contestant 1 gets 65% of the audience vote and thier Judge ranks them at 30.

Contestant 2 gets 35% of the audience vote and the judge gave them a 70

Contestant 2 wins by a score of 105 to 95

9. May 1, 2012 #9 of 13
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

Thanks. I do remember this now that you said it. Will be interesting to see what the judges do.

10. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Oh, and did anyone else notice that Christina forgot her pants?

And had to get up not once, but TWICE to show us she forgot her pants?

Oy :rolleyes:

11. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have gradually lost whatever tiny bit of respect I had for Christine Aguillar.

12. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    + a bunch

I liked her until The Voice. Now I find her trashy, annoying, verbose, etc.

13. David Platt

David Platt !Texas TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Me too. The entire time I was watching Juliet's performance of "It's a Mans World," I just knew the first words out of Christina's mouth were going to be about how she sang that song on the Grammys a few years back and about how awesome it was. And I was right.