1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Voice 4/24/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bryhamm, Apr 24, 2012.

1. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Yeah, pretty obvious on those 2 choices.

Juliet does this thing where she is like a shelled up shy person, then comes out performing and just nails it and is so out going. Then, as soon as it is over, she shells up again. So shy and withdrawn. It's kinda weird.

Going forward, I think Juliet is better than Jamar. Between Tony and Katrina, it is much closer and could come down to song selection. Right now, I give the nod to Tony.

2. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I think Jamar is overrated.

3. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I think Juliet and Katrina are the best remaining.

I agree with Bryhamm on Juliet's personality quirk.

4. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Yeah, before they announced it I was thinking that Katrina should get the vote but I just knew America was going to pick Jamar for some reason.

5. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    That got me thinking...

I know the whole idea behind "The Voice" is to judge people on just their singing, not their appearance. But that only holds true for the blind auditions. After that, the whole show is about appearance, flashy stage performances, etc. Once they determine who goes forward from the blind auditions, I think people's look does influence their success.

The people who call in, have their favorites, often based on looks. They made a whole deal about Pip's bowtie. Why was that important on "The Voice".

I bet the reason people voted for Jamar over Katrina was more about looks than anything. Especially when it comes to the power of the teen girl vote.

6. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Honestly, I bet it has as much or more to do with his story, which they have played up quite a bit.

That being said, I think that between the audience and the Judges the correct decisions were made this week.

7. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    The story could be the reason. I hadn't heard the story as I have been fast forwarding to the performances.

I didn't necessarily agree with the audience decisions, but with the final outcome, I agreed. I really thought Katrina should have been saved by the audience, but the judge saved her so it turned out okay for me. The other team I agreed with.

8. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    OK
    so am I right that the final 4 public voting WINS across the 4 teams were all guys?

whatshisface the back up singer
    whatshisface the opera singer
    whatshisface the mickey mouse dude
    whasthisface jamar?

9. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    :confused:

Katrina and Jamar are not on the same team. Did you mean Tony there?

10. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Jamar was voted tops over Juliet, not Katrina. Tony was voted tops over Katrina.

11. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    The other thing that cracks me up was their brilliant idea to have mickeymouse dude sing Hit Me One More Time.
    Like we haven't heard that done 5 times as either a rock song or a ballad on other singing competition shows already.
    He shoulda done Genie in a Bottle.
    THAT would have been amusing.

12. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    They all run together for me. :)

13. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
  14. mqpickles

mqpickles Active Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    I love Jamar's voice. I bought his Seven Nation Army cover. I'm a big Lenny Kravitz fan, and Jamar's style is so similar. If Jamar puts out an album, I will buy it.

That said, his story is inspirational, and he's so kind and humble about the whole thing, that I think he is compelling for that reason as well.

Yep.

On all four teams, the final three were one guy and two gals. So maybe that caused something of a split in the female-singer vote and gave the guys an advantage.

15. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    IMO, Opera Guy and Mickey Mouse should have been gone long ago. I thought Chessa would have been there, but she blew it. (And am I mistaken, or did her name appear as Cheesa once on screen?)

16. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    It is Cheesa.

http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/cheesa/