1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Sixties: The Space Race

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by That Don Guy, Jul 21, 2014.

1. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    The latest episode in CNN's The Sixties, "The Space Race", never aired because of coverage of Flight 17. However, the listings weren't corrected in time, so when it does air, it might be considered a repeat. Check your Season Passes this week.

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, I tried three different airings and gave up.

3. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    CNN is running ads saying that it will air Thursday, but the listings may still say "1968" (a separate episode - I am assuming it will include the MLK & RFK assassinations, the "black power salute" incident at the Mexico City Olympics, Nixon's election, and Apollo 8).

4. worachj

worachj Active Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    The Sixties, "The Space Race" 9 PM ET Thursday was an ad I saw on CNN today.

5. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, my Tivo still says 1968 now.. (checked via iOS app)

6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Mine now says "Space Race"...and it's picking it up, despite recording the fake airing last week!

("1968" is scheduled for Friday...I don't know if that's for real, or just a ghost rerun of the one that was replaced tomorrow...)

7. Aug 8, 2014 #7 of 10
    Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Whoops, they did it again.

Last night's episode was cut off halfway through for coverage of the Iraq air strikes authorization. I happened to be watching, so I scheduled an overnight airing...and the air strike coverage was still going on. I suspect this will be like last time, when they just showed it next week. Fortunately, last time TiVo somehow new to record it despite having "recorded" it before, so knock on wood, but we should probably keep an eye out to make sure.

8. Aug 8, 2014 #8 of 10
    unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    If they're going to re-air next week, someone needs to tell them to quit running ads for the Woodstock episode.

9. Aug 9, 2014 #9 of 10
    shiffrin

shiffrin Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Check your upcoming shows. Mine shows it is on tonight at 10 PM. I told it to record it since it wasn't going to do that on its own.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, the first couple of "reruns" were preempted, but last night's wasn't (and I suspect tonight's won't be as well, unless something major happens today).

In fact, you just reminded me to cancel tonight's airing (since I already got it last night)...