1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Simpsons oad 4/16/12 Beware my Cheating Bart

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by betts4, Apr 16, 2012.

1. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
  2. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Loved the 'Stranded' show, and all the spoilers Marge threw out.

BTW, the decoded Futurama text on the Stranded Island was "Watch Futurama Thursday's at 10".

3. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I thought they had done the Bart and older woman/girlfriend idea before. And Jimbo, please keep that cap on!

4. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Thanks for the link. My recording didn't catch the first minute of the couch gag.

5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Thought of folks rewatching shows on line in this forum. :)

6. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    They have (back in late 1994) - remember Ruth Powers (one of the many next door neighbors over the years; she appears in background scenes every now and then)? Bart fell in love with her daughter (who hasn't been seen since), who in turn had eyes only for Jimbo (in fact, that was the first time Jimbo's last name was used).

The closing credits said that the couch gag was done by Pymptoons; normally, Bill Plympton animation is known as Plymptoons, but apparently there really is a Pymptoons, which is either the studio's new name or some branch of it.

7. Worf

Worf Active Member

Sep 15, 2000
    So how did Leela and Fry get stranded?

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    So what are we to make of the "Now Entering Oregon" text at the beginning of the show?

9. DelacruzW

DelacruzW New Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Could you explain me ...I'm new here...how to participate this show? Or how to fallow the others.

10. LordKronos

LordKronos New Member

Dec 28, 2003
    There have been a few articles/interviews lately about the fact that Springfield, Oregon was the town Groening had in mind when he created the show.

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm aware of that. I wondered if the fact that it was shown in the show itself puts any kind of canon status on those discussions, or if it was just a joke that was then negated by Bart's chalkboard gag.

12. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    The latter. According to "canon", Springfield "has to be" (a) an eastern state (in one episode, they have to get to a Krusty Burger on an oil derrick somewhere in either the Atlantic or the Gulf of Mexico), (b) a western state (in another episode, Homer pilots a submarine directly into Russian waters without going through the Panama Canal or going around South America), (c) in Southern Texas (in yet another episode, they pass a sign right outside of Springfield specifying a distance to Mexico City which would be incorrect pretty much everywhere except southern Texas).

Also remember that it "has to" be in a state that touches four other states at one point; this has appeared in two different episodes.