1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Quest OAD 7/31 All season thread

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by scsiguy72, Aug 4, 2014.

1. scsiguy72

scsiguy72 OTA Only..Free TV

Nov 25, 2003
    California Guy
    "The Quest" is part Renaissance Faire, part cosplay, part fantasy novel, and part Big Brother. Twelve paladins, who have been carefully chosen for their love of fantasy, are assembled to complete a quest that takes place in Everealm. In the first episode, this fantasy adventure is beautifully staged and one can sense the excitement of the competitors as they are immersed in a "realistic" fantasy world and delivered to Castle Saenctum. (The word paladin, by the way, has come to mean a chivalrous hero.)

Did anyone watch it? Not as bad as I feared, but over all a bit of a cheese fest.

2. David Platt

David Platt !Texas TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get past the cheese factor. I only made it about 15 minutes into the first episode before deleting.

3. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I watched it. It was just ok. I'll keep watching with hopes that the story gets more interesting.

4. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I'm just hoping there will be a scene where one of the NPCs commands some guards to "seize them" and the black MMA Paladin responds with "seize this honkus". :D

5. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    We made it to about half-way or whenever the first challenge started. So corny and bad that we couldn't watch any more. No way will I waste DVR space on it.

I'll check in here from time to time to see what I'm missing, but I seriously doubt it's got legs.

6. scsiguy72

scsiguy72 OTA Only..Free TV

Nov 25, 2003
    California Guy
    Now I would watch that:up::up:

7. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Watched the next one and it does seem more and more like a mediocre renaissance faire. Not terrible but pretty cheesy.

8. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    What started out as cheesy and groan-inducing has become a family favorite here. We're rooting for people, we're yelling at other people, we're laughing at the stupid, and we're swooning for the heart-warmings. We're hoping the remaining paladins can still act like a group of friends instead of competitors for as long as possible.