1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Office - "Turf War" - 3 May 2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Jesda, May 4, 2012.

1. Jesda

Feb 12, 2005
    Just as I thought. They were going to reintroduce David Wallace as a way to restore order to the D-M universe.

With Andy Bernard on board, this means no more Nellie. Thank goodness.

Pam is getting fat.
  2. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan Transporter Accident

Aug 18, 2001
    I'm refusing to watch any of them with Nellie. Absolutely horrible character.
  3. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TC Club

Mar 19, 2001
    But maybe she comes to a grisly end down in the warehouse. In a big shredder or something. :p
  4. Frylock

Frylock Live Long and Tivo!

Feb 13, 2002
    I'll accept this plot-line as a way to get rid of Nellie. And James Spader. Because he clearly doesn't want to do the show.

I was just waiting though for Andy to name his company the "Michael Scott Paper Company" though.
  5. Jesda

Feb 12, 2005
    Bernard-Wallace Paper Company has a nice ring to it, and doesn't have the lingering "ick" of Robert Mifflin's suicide.

Wow, I can't believe I remembered his suicide. I know more about this fictional show than my own life.
  6. rifleman69

rifleman69 New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    It's a baler, the trampoline goes in there with the help of Padge.
  7. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Active Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Nellie and Robert Cali both need to leave. Soon...
  8. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    I like Spader's character, he's just so intensely random. Liked when he hurled in Jim's trash can!

I don't hate the Nellie character as much as some people in these threads, but it seems like a waste of time to humanize her if they are just going to get rid of the character. So maybe they aren't getting rid of her.

Meh, whatever. The show can't continue much longer now that the actors are leaving and getting spinoffs.
  9. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    I was so happy to see Andy getting things right on and possibly making it all come out okay in the end.

Maybe Jim and Pam will move over to his company and that's how they leave. The Office can keep on running and just have some new competition.
  10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    I'd love to see Andy and David Wallace make a play to take over DM. I'd like to see Andy stick around for as long as the series continues.

I don't really have a problem with Robert California. He's oddball enough that he fits in pretty well. I just have a problem with Nellie, since the way she was introduced back in last season's finale, and then the way she bullied her way into Andy's job just don't really make sense at all.
  11. ConstableClyde

ConstableClyde New Member

May 1, 2012
    Yes Yes Yes! I think we are all thinking that.
  12. Jesda

Feb 12, 2005
    I wish he was a secondary character like Creed Bratton. Throw him in once in a while for some epic one-liners and send him back to his strange world when the scene ends.
  13. wouldworker

wouldworker _

Sep 7, 2004
    I don't mind Spader but Catherine Tate is terrible. It's not just that the character is terrible, which is the writers' fault, but she makes it worse by delivering every line as if it's so very clever. You're not being given clever dialogue - don't overact to try to make up for it. I know it's nice to get paid sitcom money but have some pride and quit because the show makes you look bad.
  14. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    So I finally start finding a tiny crack in my cold, dead heart for Nellie, and it looks like they're going to do away with her.

I don't mind, but sheesh. Now they're just messing with us.
  15. wprager

wprager Active Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Don't like Katherine Tate. Didn't like her in Dr. Who. Pretty close to hating her here. And I'm >this< close to start recording in in SD -- that's on her, too.
  16. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    And Jim is getting old. Things that used to be charming and cute are now kind of sad and pathetic. Which makes the former golden couple very dull and unamusing. Very sad.
  17. kar74

kar74 hi.

Feb 13, 2005
    I think the best part of this episode was the opening with the leg curls and posing with the pillows and telephone. The rest of the episode pretty much sucked.
  18. Frylock

Frylock Live Long and Tivo!

Feb 13, 2002
    No better description for most episodes this season!
  19. ConstableClyde

ConstableClyde New Member

May 1, 2012
    Did anyone notice Gabes new haircut. Weird.
  20. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed

Nov 8, 2003
    Alright, so I stopped watching. But are they really rehashing the exact same storyline they already did once?

A new boss is going to take over running the branch: Charles Minor/Nellie.
    The current branch manager gets upset leaves: Michael/Andy.
    Former branch manager starts his own company/gets clients.
    Former branch manager hires former DM employee to help: Ryan/David Wallace.
    Former branch manager leverages clients to get back into DM.

Ugh. I'm glad I gave up. It's so disappointing to see what a shell of its former self this show is. Those early seasons were so good.