1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Office "The Target" OAD 11/29/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dtivouser, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Dec 3, 2012 #1 of 17
    dtivouser

dtivouser Tivoless TCF Club

Feb 10, 2004
    SoCal
    Maybe I'm among the last watching this show, but the last couple episodes have been fun for me.

They sure have been giving Dwight a lot of screen time. He has been much more interesting than Andy lately so this is a good thing.

The guest star last week (no spoilers) was a lot of fun.

The last 60 seconds of "The Target" with Angela and Dwight asking questions of Toby was a riot.

2. Dec 3, 2012 #2 of 17
    Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    yeah Dwight had some good lines: 'Where are gay men's vaginas?' 'it's cruel, because a woman with damaged knees can't scrub worth a damn.' :)

3. Dec 3, 2012 #3 of 17
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I think they've been featuring Dwight so much because at the time these episodes were written and filmed, they were planning for a Dwight-based spinoff where he'd be running his farm with his cousins. However, in the meantime, NBC decided not to move forward with that project. The episode that would have served as the backdoor pilot will still be aired as part of this final season of The Office, but that's as far as it will go.

I also loved that scene at the end with Dwight and Angela asking questions. While the questions they were asking were absolutely hilarious, it's even funnier that they think Toby is the one they should go to with these questions. Does being the HR rep suddenly make him the corporate expert on sex as well?

The building of the complaint-card tower seemed like something we could have seen in early years of this show, and the lunch with Jim, Stanley, and Phyllis was classic.

4. Dec 3, 2012 #4 of 17
    Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I'm guessing they think Toby knows more about gayness than Angela's pastor: 'my pastor said it can come from breastfeeding' lol

5. Dec 3, 2012 #5 of 17
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I don't think they went to Toby because they thought he knew about gay issues. I think Dwight has gone to Toby before for sex-related questions. I think it's funny that because Toby is the HR rep who likely gives sexual harrassment seminars and such, that he's the expert on sex and that it's appropriate to go to him with these kinds of questions.

6. Dec 3, 2012 #6 of 17
    KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    "Ill have the surf and turf with a side of lobster"
    "But sir, the surf and turf comes with lobster"
    "Not enough lobster!"

LOL

7. Dec 3, 2012 #7 of 17
    jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    What was the line about how which penis knew to open up to accept the other penis?

:eek:

:D

I totally died laughing when I heard that.

8. Dec 3, 2012 #8 of 17
    Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Dwight: 'When two gay men have sex, how do they know whose penis will open up to accept the other person’s penis?'

Angela: 'What is it called when two men intertwine their penises, like the snakes on the medic alert bracelet? Is it called red vining?'
    [​IMG] lolz

9. Dec 3, 2012 #9 of 17
    secondclaw

secondclaw Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Florida
    I think they went to him because he's in HUMAN Resources, with them possibly assuming he knows stuff about humans. I believe this reason was given in a much earlier episode ...

10. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Not a bad episode. I like when they include most of the cast instead of focusing only on one story.

11. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    And sadly, now that they toned down the Nellie character, she's becoming one of my favorites. She is the perfect spoil for Dwight.

12. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Yes. It was the dumb Robert California/Nellie storyline. Not Nellie herself.

Still maintain this show only went off the rails with Robert California.

13. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Yeah.. that was it. And Angela's question, too. I had forgotten about that.

Funny stuff.

14. jjd_87

jjd_87 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    WV
  15. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Just play the right notes!

16. dtivouser

dtivouser Tivoless TCF Club

Feb 10, 2004
    SoCal
    The character building the card tower seems to be the new Jim and the receptionist seems to be the new... receptionist. Maybe the card scenes feel like "classic Office" because we are seeing those romantic situations reused.

17. sonnik

sonnik Innovations.

Jul 7, 2000
    Phoenix,...
    "Well, a documentary crew has been filming our every move for the last nine years, but I don't see them ... so we should be okay."