1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Office "New Guys" OAD 9/20/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by BrandonRe, Sep 21, 2012.

1. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wow. Over 24 hours since the season premiere and no thread yet. Shows how far this show has fallen from its glory days. Watched it last night and was underwhelmed. I will keep watching because I want to see it through to the end, and because it was mildly enjoyable, but the magic has not returned. Hope it picks up.

On the plus side, enjoyed Creed at the end.

2. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I think that was the first time we ever heard the voice of anyone from the documentary crew.

3. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I believe you're right. And that was a nice little nod to the audience, saying that they've long been done with the paper company and are interested in the people at this point. Sort of explains why the documentary crew stayed there all these years.

4. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    As far as the documentary crew, I've heard that
    they are planning on showing a lot more of them and the reveal of the documentary that they have been filming all these years will be part of the final season story line.

5. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    I actually thought it was a good episode. Not great, as some of the earlier ones were, but still pretty good. The Creed bit might have been the highlight of the series.

6. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    I thought it was a good episode, one of the best in a long time. They know it's the last season and they want to put their best foot forward.

7. DougF

DougF Active Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    I gave up midway through last season and haven't watched since. After hearing Greg Daniels was coming back and that this is definitely the last year, I decided to give it another shot. While no match for the classics of season two, this wasn't bad. I plan to keep watching.

Besides her interview (which I thought she was awful in), this was my only other exposure to Nellie. Still not impressed. I hope dumping her soon is part of the plan for this year.

8. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I was shocked that Dwight turned out to not be the father.

In other shocking developments... seems like Oscar is having an affair with Angela's husband.

9. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I thought it was pretty good. Nellie is still there, though. Still will never understand why so many desperately wanted her on the show as Michael's replacement.

10. MrCouchPotato

MrCouchPotato New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Wow, was surprised to see that Kelly Kapur and Ryan are no longer employed there. I was over Ryan's character since he was no longer the sympathetic "temp" character of the 1st 3 seasons.

Pam's observation about nothing exciting about Jim and Pam was pretty accurate. We'll see where this other opportunity goes to.

They played dumb Kevin with the dead turtle way too long.

No Robert California! No mention of David Wallace, but we don't need to see him shooting the breeze with the branch workers every week.

11. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Pam looked like she has lost some weight. I loved (but predicted) that Jim would make that last minute call. It almost in a small way reminded me of the first Jim/Pam kiss. Maybe just because he was in the office alone.

Kelly Kapur has a new show of her own, so I wasn't surprised to see her go and was happy to see Andy very confident and yet still the silly Andy. Nellie as just a salesperson - this bugged me because you would think she wouldn't settle for that.

Oscar and Angela's husband! That was funny when he called to tell him he can visit the cat now.

And yes, Kevin and the turtle was too long a segment.

12. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    "Kelly" has a new show, so she had to go.. Not sure why "Ryan" left.

I can't get enough of Kevin, so that turtle thing was all good for me.

13. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    "Ryan" is apparently the exec producer on The Mindy Project now.

14. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Wonder if he'll have a character on that show too.

15. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    This is definitelya spoiler. Not a plotline spoiler, but just a character spoiler...

Stephen Colbert will be appearing on an upcoming episode as Andy's old friend Broccoli Rob. That just makes me chuckled. :)

16. TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    I thought this was a good ep, and while I could see Jim's phone call coming a mile away, it still bugged me that he did it without consulting Pam. He's always been a good husband, but that's a pretty dick thing to do without talking to your wife.

Dwight's plotline was the worst of the episode. Jim can't really pull pranks anymore, they've been going down that road for a while since he's now more "mature". It will be good to have the young guys there for Dwight to interact with.

David Wallace did get briefly mentioned. He's who sent Andy to the Outward Bound program, along with David's son.

17. David Platt

David Platt !Texas TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    There were quite a few mentions of David Wallace. Andy even called him on the phone.

18. Tivortex

Tivortex Cherished Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Colorado
    I got some laughs watching it. Andy has Nellie in his sights now. Dwight's slacklining performance was classic slapstick.

Oh, and beetroot energy drink! Yeah.

19. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Three wonderful words.

No Robert California.

20. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I will take Robert California all day long over Nellie