1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Office - "Fundraiser" - April 26, 2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Jesda, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    GREAT ending to a strange episode.

I love when Dwight gives speeches. Reminds me of:

2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    The only part that made me laugh was Nellie trying to eat a taco.

I usually enjoy the beginning scene before the credits but this was the worst one ever. For the first time, I feel like I might give up on this show. :(

Are we going to see David Wallace again? Seemed like a strange scene since nothing really happened. I guess it's nice to know what became of his Suck It Machine.

3. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I'm halfway through rewatching season 6 and had just been wondering the same. Glad to see he's doing well.

Maybe this could open the door to DW acquiring DM from Sabre and putting things back in order, or becoming a large shareholder of Sabre. Maybe Andy or Jim will use David Wallace to leverage some control...

Nevermind. Wishful thinking. :(

4. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Ditto. I haven't been very fond of her character, but that did make me LOL.

5. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Dwight's misunderstanding of the silent auction was hilarious.

6. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    It was definitely better than last week. (although the bar wasn't set very high)

A few good moments. I don't remember the opening, but I remember it was bad.
    Nellie and the taco was good though.

7. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Those were the two best scenes, IMO. I loved Jim's reaction to Dwight winning all the auction items, as Jim slowly began to realize what had happened and had to watch Dwight get pranked when Jim had nothing to do with it.

8. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    The line about Downton Abbey was funny.

I think Creed had a good line in there somewhere, but I can't recall what it was.

9. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    That was Andy and April"s three-legged dog

10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Champion walked from Pawnee to Scranton on three legs?

11. TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    The cold open was Ryan acting upset that Smokey Robinson had died. I actually liked it. All in all, not their greatest episode every, but I thought it was a solid effort. Reminiscent of seasons past.

12. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I guess I am not sure why they added Nellie they way they did. All they needed to do was have Jo say she has the job. Andy could quit in a huff and thy didn't need an elaborate Nellie story. She can fit in as she did here but they alienated a lot of viewers with the storyline.

13. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    BTW, They are usually good with distances. They got State College right. About 3 hours from Scranton.

Unlike a show on the BET that a character claimed New York was 1000 miles from San Diego.

14. Kablemodem

Kablemodem Get the ketchup.

May 26, 2001
    Sherman...
  15. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Same here. This was the first ep where her character was at least tolerable...

Thought the opening scene was awful. Ryan is becoming Nellie 2....

16. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Throughout this, I kept thinking about the scrambling they would have done (aired a different episode? Somehow tried to just edit out the opening?) if Smokey had actually died earlier that day.

tangential story:
    I even saw them do a special drop in on one episode of Jeopardy! in the past few years when some news event had happened (I want to say terrorism related, but it was long after 9/11), saying it was taped long before the event. I think I saw ONE other text overlay saying about the same kind of issue (clue unrelated to recent news event).. but I really don't think I'm conflating the same issue.. those are the only times in decades of watching Jeopardy.