1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Office "Angry Andy" 4/19/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Neenahboy, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier TCF Club

Apr 7, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    Why, oh why, is Catherine Tate still here? Putting aside the fact that none of this is funny, rational people would not sit through these kinds of situations. A CEO would not be so enamored with his employee that it's impossible to tell her to GTFO, nor would he take glee in an office-wide discussion on getting it up. Sad to see just how far this show has fallen. I think I'm officially done, especially if the creative reboot rumors are true.

2. boywaja

boywaja Active Member

Sep 30, 2001
    Robert California isn't enamered with her. He hates Nellie Bertram.

As I recall when they were in florida he specifically told someone that she had friends in high places. I forget who he said in that episode, but previously in the auditions for manager, she was friends with Jo Bennett.

3. Neenahboy

Apr 7, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    I thought he only said that Jo loved the retail store idea, so he gave in to make sure he got the CEO job. If he isn't secretly in love with her, James Spader is a terrible actor.

4. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    Probably the worst episode ever.

Yet I still watch.

:(

5. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Robert California was clearly interested in schtupping Nellie. When they were all in the manager's office and she kept saying "No," she then made some comment about eventually saying "Yes," and it was very clear that she was intending Robert to take that as she might give in to his sexual advances if he doesn't force the Andy issue. Immediately after that, Robert said, "Well, I think the two of you should be able to work this out between yourselves, right?"

I'm not sure where they're going with this, but for Andy to quit in favor of Nellie remaining as the manager, that is just disastrous story writing. She's shown absolutely no management skills, and she's not funny. WTF are the writers thinking?

6. Frylock

Frylock Live Long and Tivo!

Feb 13, 2002
    Round Rock, TX
    Steve Carrel must watch these episodes each week and go "Yep, leaving was the RIGHT thing to do!"

Get rid of Nellie, or do something with this show. They are destroying its legacy each week.

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I am really really angry that they got rid of Andy.

The whole impotence thing was just distasteful. It may have been funny if it was written differently or Nellie was in another dimension.

I was cheering Andy at the end when he kept saying "No". Yay Andy!!! That would have been a fantastic way to end the episode. With NELLIE going home. With Andy behind the desk again.

I cheered when Erin tossed the stuff at Nellie and then Andy did too. The writer's really dropped the ball on this.

BOOO California and Nellie.

8. Neenahboy

Apr 7, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    Yep, especially after the search committee dog and pony show of last season. Consistency at that position is more important than ever, and the fact that they'd experiment this drastically so soon after Carell's departure boggles the mind.

9. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I love the show, but sure am not liking how they are ending it.

10. Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003
    Again, Creed had just about the only funny line in the show.

Robert C./ Creed: How old?

Creed: Jinx! Buy me some coke.

11. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Why are you assuming that Ed Helms isn't returning?

12. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Our DVR didn't record it. Maybe it just knew.

13. Neenahboy

Apr 7, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    Not sure if I should tag this, but I will to be safe:

It's been rumored that John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer and Ed Helms will not be returning as part of the creative reboot.

14. questors

questors Member

Jun 4, 2009
    This episode was beyond ridiculous. I'm done.

15. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    The Andrew Bernard Paper Company!

I wonder if Dwight will lease him some office space. And will Erin and Ryan join him? Then Carol can be the new receptionist.

(I really hope this isn't where they're going.)

16. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I was wondering the same thing ... there are still two episodes left in the season. The writers would have given Andy a much better departure episode if that was the actual intent for the Nard-Dog. :confused:

17. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    This was a terrible episode.

18. kar74

kar74 hi.

Feb 13, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    If Catherine Tate stays, this viewer is leaving. I was able to deal with Robert California coming abroad, but Nellie just sucks.

19. maharg18

maharg18 Active Member

Dec 3, 2002
    Chattanooga, TN
    That may have been the worst episode of the whole series. No wonder their ratings are abysmal.

20. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    If Andy's out, I'm out. I actually was enjoying him as boss. :(