1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Office | "A.A.R.M." | 2013-05-09

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by markymark_ctown, May 10, 2013.

1. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Active Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    Another hour episode, but a solid hour.

2. lambertman

lambertman To see you, Nice

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    Possibly the first good episode of the season, but it was very good.

3. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Of course, Creed had the best line-
    If my parents see this, I am toast! ;):D

Also loved his moves during the dance with Darrell...:cool:

4. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    AtRM Jim was a hoot.

5. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    In fact, now that we've seen Dwight at RM I'm really disappointed that they never promoted him back when Carrell left because all the RM, AttRM, and AttAttRM was phenomenal.

Now, having said that, maybe they didn't think they could write Dwight and Jim interplay as funny for a few seasons, only they would know that, but the Andy as manager stuff has just been awful. It's hard for me to imagine that Dwight as manager for that period of time would have been worse.

I almost never skip past parts of shows that I watch because I don't want to miss something that reflects on some other aspect of the show that I do enjoy, but I skipped all of Andy last night.

6. Tracy

Tracy Truly TCF Club

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I liked the episode, but felt bad for the sweet milk maid.

The Jim/Dwight stuff felt a little forced...as if Jim were doing it just to show Pam that he was happy.

Also, I thought that the DVD the film crew put together for Jim to show Pam was going to include a clip that showed something like Jim saying, "If I still work here ten years from now, kill me." The show has to end with Jim taking this dream job, right?

7. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Angela living in Oscar's closet.

too damn funny.

8. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I think it was more along the lines of that being the only way Jim could possibly be happy at that job.

9. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    The whole Jim/Pam Athlead/Dunder Mifflin thing just just annoying.

I may be wrong, but isn't Jim part owner of Athlead? Isn't is possible that Athlead could be a tremendous financial opportunity for the Halpert family completely dwarfing his prospects at Dunder Mifflin?

I get that Pam is worried about the family, and moving and all that stuff but it's not like Jim has been sleeping around, or avoiding the family because he's not in love with his wife. He put everything he could into starting a new company that could provide financial independence for his family, but Pam is worried that he doesn't love her anymore?

10. wouldworker

wouldworker _

Sep 7, 2004
    MA, USA
    You must be single.

11. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Yes, I am, so? I don't see how that changes anything you quoted.

12. garyh

garyh Mizzou-Rah

Jan 15, 2004
    Theres a...
    The rationality you expressed, and "wife" are incompatible.

13. garyh

garyh Mizzou-Rah

Jan 15, 2004
    Theres a...
    I am still hoping that the other investors were shocked at Jim's initial investment because it was much larger than anyone else's and it makes Jim and Pam wealthy whether Jim puts in the extra time or not.

14. Robin

Robin Nasty Woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I think they're going to go on the road together. Wasn't there a big payday at the end of this trip? A buyout or something?

Pam did a great job summing up the issues a couple episodes back. He's made a LOT of decisions without her. My marriage would be on the rocks, too.

15. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I enjoyed the episode. I enjoyed the dvd the crew made - as we were supposed to. I was puzzled about the envelope that they show Jim taking away (from christmas present?) and then he handed to her at the end.

Dwight as manager is still just quirky enough to be fun. He would be a different manager if Jim were to leave. Maybe Andy will come back and take Jim's place so they can go on the road.

LOVED how Dwight pulled Angela over to propose. That was perfect!

16. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Was that as close as we are going to get to seeing the actual (fictional) documentary?

Classic Jim steering Dwight just where he wanted him.

I also loved Dwight pulling Angela over.

These last couple of episodes have been really enjoyable for me as they are heading toward wrapping up and don't have to have so much inane filler.

Dwight getting his own security phrase wrong was a chuckle, too!

17. Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003

Angela and Oscar remind me of a married couple in many of those scenes.

18. sonnik

sonnik Innovations.

Jul 7, 2000
    Phoenix,...
    I think we were essentially told that "The Office" that we had been watching, was the (Fictional) Documentary. That they are one and the same. The dialogue we heard was from the first scene of the first episode.

And since the film crew was filming them watch the first scene, they'll eventually see them watching themselves for the first time.

19. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    So the actual (fictional) documentary is going to run for 9 seasons? :eek:

20. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm a little bugged by that, too. We know Jim won't be happy at this job, and all the games he's playing with Dwight can't keep him entertained for very long. At some point either he gets bored with it or Dwight realizes it's all a big farce.

Hopefully we find out in the finale that despite Jim not going on the road trip, his investment in the company paid off and he made some good money.

Given that the previews for next week's finale said that
    they take place six months in the future at Dwight and Angela's wedding, I'd say that the answer is yes.